C-sections

anyone have a CS alone

I'm pregnant with twins and will be having a RCS in Nov. Husband is deployed and won't be home in time. Anyone else do this alone? I only have a few close friends here and need them to take care of 2 yr old DD.

Re: anyone have a CS alone

• Do you have anyone that can accompany you to the hospital? My DH is currently at CISAC until the middle of Nov. My grandparents are going to keep DD1 at home, and my mom (who lives with me) will be coming with me to the hospital so I can get pics and video as well as having someone there in case something goes wrong.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • DD was an emergency c/s and no one was there with me. My MW and DH were called asap and MW showed up part way through (she was nearby I guess) and DH showed up after DD was out. Not exactly the same as you as I had DH after DD was born. But, the during the surgery and hospital stay you will have nurses there with you, and in my surgery the anaesthetist was very helpful and comforting, explaining everything that was going on below the curtain. You won't be completely alone. Have you thought about hiring a doula? 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I know nurses will be there and I adore my doctor. A doula would be perfect, but that isn't in the budget with twins on the way. I have one friend that I think I could ask but also feel like if it DH can't be there then it's not fair for someone else to experience what should be his.
  • I have so much respect for military families. I understand what you mean about DH missing out but if your friend can be there, she will be able to take pictures that you can send him. She may also be able to follow your babies to the nursery and take pictures of the things you won't even be there for like possibly first baths and all. My DH was able to do all that while I was in recovery. It may also be nice for you just to have someone to wait around with because even with a scheduled c section, you usually have a few hours of sitting around before they can start.
  • Would someone be willing to gift you a doula (as a b-day present, maybe your mom so you're not so scared)?  Could you find a doula in training?  Maybe someone that would attend just out of the kindness of her heart for military families?  I couldn't imagine not having someone there, if it wasn't DH it would be my mom, I "require" someone to be there for me to make any life decisions if I'm unable to.  Good luck.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • I believe there is a program of doulas who work for free to be there for military wives who's spouse is deployed. I can't remember the name though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had no idea about the free doulas for military wives - but google is a great thing... https://operationspecialdelivery.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"