Nurseries and Baby Gear

Double Stroller for nanny share

Hello - I am probably starting a nanny share in October.  My daughter will be 6 months, the other baby about 12 weeks.  I'm going to a giant baby consignment sale on Thursday and am hoping to snag a good deal on a double stroller.  Since I will have to buy on the spot, I'd like to get somewhat familiar with my options.  Any suggestions?? Thanks!!
Also - if it matters, my husband and I would like to have our next child be two years younger than our first. 

Re: Double Stroller for nanny share

• Having been a nanny for a nanny share I would say definitely a chariot.  They hold 2 children of various size nicely.  They can attach to bikes.  The main thing is that they pretty much completely weather proof the children, which is a bonus for nanny's looking to get the kids to playgroups and library etc. 

With one family I use to have to get 2 old kids to school with 10month old twins.  In the dead of winter those babies would be toasty warm in there while the rest of us were freezing in our snowsuits!

The other nice thing is that the way the chariots are designed it is much harder for babies to toss their soothers and toys out due to it's deep sides!

For the nanny share family the one family rode their bike with the chariot each day and left it for our use, then rode back home.  The dad loved it.  During potty training months he actually kept a potty in the back!  He'd pull over and let her use it as needed (sorry, just remembered that but completely unrelated to your post lol).

My second pick would be a double BOB stroller...as good as the chariot use wise just not as good weather wise without the additional cover.

• Thanks for the reply!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"