Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Trouble with Finger Foods

My DD is 9 months old and still isn't eating much solids.  She started refusing purees so I went to finger foods.  She'll feed herself maybe 2 or 3 pieces of something and that's about it.  She clenches her mouth shut and turns her head when we try to feed them to her.  There is one exception: those Gerber puffs.  She loves them.  I'd prefer she'd eat more nutritious options...we've tried pieces of sweet potatoes, sweet peas, pears, bananas, and grapes (pealed). I tried a few days of no puffs, only trying to give these other finger food options and she still wouldn't eat more than a couple bites...she started waking up more during the night again to eat so I added puffs back and she stopped the additional MOTN wake up. IDK if that's a coincidence or not.
Any suggestions?....I feel like she's really behind on eating when it comes to solids/finger foods.

Re: Trouble with Finger Foods

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    kjsmith9kjsmith9 member
    edited August 2013
    Yup, what other PP's said.

I would stop trying to physically feed her the finger foods though - eating should be fun, not a forced thing.  She *can* feed herself, she's just choosing not to.  I would make sure every high chair tray had 2-3 options on it to allow her to choose what she prefers herself.  Also... berries!  When DD won't eat anything else, she'll always go for those (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries - it doesn't matter).  Keep offering and just relax... she'll get it when she's ready.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I vote coincidence because there's not enough substance or nutritional value in puffs that it would keep her full.  Just keep trying and don't stress.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"