Pre-School and Daycare
Options

humidifer that is not a total PITA to clean?

ugh we have sharper image humidifiers in our kids' rooms that I really liked b/c they are pretty quiet and have 2 large reservoirs and we tend to run humidifiers practically all winter...but they have become disgusting over the 2 yrs even though I periodically take the whole thing apart and attempt to clean it, which requires unscrewing parts and trying to get into a ton of teeny little angles and nooks that I can't get a sponge or a grout brush or anything into...
I am so grossed out by them at this point that I feel like I'd be shooting more grossness into the air than I would be helping them so I guess I"m in the market for new ones already but I really want them to be easy to clean out!!!!
thanks for recs...

Re: humidifer that is not a total PITA to clean?

• Options
    I just use an inexpensive ultramist one from Walgreens, which stays pretty clean on its own, probably due more to the fact that we have a water softener. We had one for about five years and would probably still have it if DS hadn't sent it crashing to the floor. You can buy a humidifier cartridge (Protec is the brand I know of) that is supposed to keep the mineralization down.
  • Options

We have the tear drop one from Crane. It's awesome and has no filter and doesn't leak.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started with Crane but I after trying 2 and both having strong plastic smells when we started them, we returned them and kept looking.  We now use the Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier HCM-350 and it is so easy to disinfect - we love this one (great output and very low noise as well)!
    www.healthyhappytot.com - Healthy, non-toxic product recommendations for children from a mom who has really used them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"