Health & Exercise

Yoga for beginners

Hello everyone! I have lurked on this board off and on for the last few months. Now that my baby girl is here, it is time to really focus on getting healthy! I would really like to become more flexible and tone up a few areas.

I have always been interested in trying yoga, but I am not sure where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? Is a dvd program a good start, or should I try to find a class? Do I need all of those products they sell, like the yoga bricks, or is just a mat fine?

Thank you for your help!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

Re: Yoga for beginners

• If you do it at home you will just need a yoga mat and block if you are not very flexible.  IMO you should see if you can find a groupon for a yoga studio in your area.  I love the yoga studio I go to.  I'm the type of person that needs to leave the house to feel like I'm getting a break from my life. The environment they provide is just what I need. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just started doing pregnancy yoga and Pilates at home. At first I researched DVDs but there were so many reviews that were half and half that I decided to try them out on you tube first... Almost every DVD is on there. I actually prefer using YouTube because my wii has it so I can still use my tv instead of the ipad. And I learned that I prefer other exercises to yoga, such as Pilates and barre. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Since you are new to yoga I would seek out a class so the instructor can help you with form. After you get the hang of it then do DVDs.
  • Find a mommy and baby yoga class, I hear they are awesome. I practice Ashtanga/Vinyasa style yoga. This type is more active and will help you tone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"