School-Aged Children
Options

Anyone else have trepidation bout oldest starting kindergarten?

My girl starts next week and I am a bit weepy. I want her to have the best time. Having a bit of trouble with sending her off to public school. (Strange coming from an out of practice public educator). Anyway just looking to commiserate. She has 22 in her class what size class are others finding?

Re: Anyone else have trepidation bout oldest starting kindergarten?

• Options
    DD started full day kindergarten last week.  I was weepy the first day, but she loves it!  I miss her, but I love greeting her when she gets off the bus.  She has a snack when she gets home and tells me all about her day.  She is at the public school and has 23 in her class.  My neighbor put her 5 year old in 1/2 day kindergarten (you have a choice of full or 1/2 day in our school district) and she has 19 in her class. 
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Options
    When DS was in kindergarten, the cap was supposed to be 20, which meant classes were actually closer to 22 or 23.  It was fine, actually.  The whole kindergarten system is very organized.

It's a great year! Be prepared for awesome growth in your LO!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is my youngest but she just started kindergarten full time today. She has gone 2 1/2 days the last 2 weeks but will now go all day every day. Today was as hard as her first half day but she loved school and talked about it all night. Our school has 19-20 in each class.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS is starting kindy next week. He's excited and I know that he'll do well (he's a super social kid and he loves to learn), but I'm a bit sad and definitely nervous about the long days. I expect him to be half zombie / half crank monster for the first month.

• Options
    Mine is in 2nd grade now, the time flies.. but I remember just two years ago being in your spot. I was weepy, too.  Really weepy. I actually cried in the car before I pulled away when I left her.  But she did fine! 

And her K class was 21, so almost the same.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    KL777KL777 member
    edited August 2013
    DS started yesterday!  Private school, class size of 15.  He had a great first day!  I'm sure your child will do great.  It may be a bit of a transition at first, but she'll get into the "groove" of things.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Mine started Monday.  She was there for pre-K last year though so this didn't feel as "big."  So far it seems great and she's loving it.  Private school, she has 11.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"