August 2012 Moms
Options

I yelled at someone else's kid yesterday

Hi.  Post #3 from me in less than 12 hours. 

So, yesterday DH and I took DD to his sister's community pool and they have a baby pool for kids under 5.  It's rather large and there's plenty of room.  There weren't a lot of kids in it, so we occupied one corner of it with DD in her floaty.  When I first walked into the pool with her, this 5 year old started squirting us with a water gun.  Like, directly on DD's back and on my chest.  I told him to stop because I had a baby with me.  He's like, "SORRY!" and then he went to another part of the pool.

His parents were nowhere to be found -- his big sister (probably 12 or 13) was watching him.  About 30 minutes later he came by us again and he squirted my BIL with the gun.  I said, "Please stop, you shouldn't squirt people you don't know, and you are getting my baby wet."

He came over and floated by us and told me how cute DD was and we made little chit chat.  You could tell he was just starved for attention.  Then he stood up, went on the concrete above us, and cannonballed right on top of us soaking everyone including DD who started coughing.  I yelled (and, yes, this deserves caps), "THAT IS ENOUGH!  YOU NEED TO GET AWAY FROM US RIIIIIIIIGHT NOWWWW!!"  He didn't say a word and just scurried away.  His older sister didn't say anything because he obviously runs the roost at their house.

Man, when mama bear comes out, she comes OUT!  It just pissed me off to no end.  I don't feel bad about it at all.  Obviously he lacks any form of discipline. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian

Re: I yelled at someone else's kid yesterday

• Options
    I know I would have done the same. Go you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really don't like when attention starved kids with no adult supervision feed off me, at the park. I also don't think 13 is old enough to be alone at a pool let alone responsible for a younger child. Don't parents know how easy it is to drown at a community pool? It takes six drops of water. Good for you for telling him off. I bet his sister was mortified and told their parents when they got home.

I've never yelled at a kid per se but I have told them off. This one little girl took Howie's ball and she was running all over the park with it. She was maybe six and I saw no parent or sibling watching her. I finally said, "He's shared with you and now he wants his ball back. Can you give it to him, please?" She looked at me and kicked is as hard as she could down a hill outside the playground. I was furious.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't blame you!  I would've done the same thing!!  =D>
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    Good job! Like Baker said I hate being targeted by attention craving kids. I feel bad for them but man they are drawn to us.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    Good for you! Mama bears are NOT to be messed with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You do what you gotta do.  Good for you!

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    SJandVA said:

Good job! Like Baker said I hate being targeted by attention craving kids. I feel bad for them but man they are drawn to us.

Yes. I feel bad that their parents don't give them the time of day but acting out is not good behavior and should be disciplined. I can't believe he was unsupervised. Awful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Good for you. Even some "disciplined" kids show out when MnD aren't around, so its good for a 5 yr old to understand respect for other grown ups.  I would've done (and have done) the same thing.
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• Options
    This was me a week ago at Target! M was playing with a controller on one of those display video games and this 7-8 year old boy came over. Same thing, he was just dying for attention. He took it out of her hands twice and I said "please don't, honey. She's having a nice time playing and she's just a baby."
    He leaves...comes back and shoves a packaged controller right in her face. She got startled so she started crying and I was like "BACK OFF RIGHT NOWWWW!!!"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"