Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Feeding question for 7 month old and exclusive pumper

Hi ladies, I have a feeding question. This is our first baby, I work full time, DD goes to an in home sitter and I'm exclusively pumping. Currently she takes a bottle 5 times a day with 6oz in each feeding. She eats about 1-2oz of purees 3 times a day. We wake her up around 6am to get ready and start with a bottle then follow with a bottle at 945am, 1245pm, 4pm and 845pm. Lately with us she has not wanted her 9:45am bottle. I was curious what other moms are doing for there babies that are around 7 months old. Is she possibly trying to drop a feeding? Is it because she sleeps more in the morning on the weekend with us than during the week at the sitters? If we dropped a feeding my concern would be she would be missing out on 6oz of the nourishment of breast milk. I know 2-3 solid meals is the goal and she may not want as much breast milk but I'm just curious to see what others are doing. Thanks in advance!
Married 1~6~2007
Baby Girl born 1~27~13 after 4 1/2 years of infertility issues

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #2 12/28/14

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Feeding question for 7 month old and exclusive pumper

• Options
    I was just reading on Kellymom that babies 1-6 months old drink 19-30 oz of BM per day, with the average being 25 oz. After 6 months they may slowly decrease their BM amount as solids become more a part of their diet. DD is also 7 months, and I would guess she eats about 24-26 oz BM plus 2-3 oz of purées. So maybe your DD is needing less milk than she used to... Just a guess though!

• Options
    I wasn't able to breastfeed so our little guy is on formula. Our daily routine usually starts out around 7:30 ish when he wakes up. He has cereal, half a baby yogurt, and some juice. He eats around every three hours, give or take a little, so his next meal hits around lunchtime, and he usually has a 3.5 oz. pureed fruit or veggie and either the rest of the yogurt or a bit of vanilla pudding. And I like to give him water to drink with lunch. In between lunch and supper, he has a 5 oz. bottle of formula. Then, for supper he has another fruit or veggie with juice. Every once in awhile when we have mashed potatoes for supper, we feed him that along with a pureed food. Most times he falls asleep now before he would get another meal, and he sleeps through the night. If he is awake for the next meal, we give him another cereal with some  juice.

This is just a rough outline. We switch it up every day. He's even had ice cream and loves it! Hope this helps! And I'm sure you've heard it many times that all babies are different. I've tried to stop worrying and let my LO tell me when he's hungry and how much he wants to eat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I personally at 7 months would do more breast milk and less solids. I would also, if you can, offer breast milk then solids 45 min - 1 hour later.  My goal with DD#1 was 3 meals by 12 months and 2 healthy snacks and will be the same for DD#2. I personally do 1 meal at 6 months, 2 meals at 7 months, 3 meals 8 months, 1 snack at 9 months then a 2nd snack between 10-12 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"