Dads & Dads-to-be

Pregnancy Journaling

Thoughts on keeping your own journal throughout your wife's pregnancy?  How you're feeling a particular week?
Salem Rowan Theoden born a healthy Beltane Baby!  May 1st
8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long

Re: Pregnancy Journaling

• Honestly, I think it would be a pretty good idea.  As a writer, I find that I put my emotions into written word the best so I feel like it could be therapeutic and something to look back on after your baby is born :)  I thought it would be a good thing to put into a book or something so as your child gets older, they can look back and see how you felt anxiously awaiting their arrival.
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • I can understand no downtime.  I'll probably hit the same snag once wifey gets further along.  We have our first prenatal appointment next week (tuesday the 3rd to be precise) so we'll see how it turns out after that lol.
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • Loading the player...
  • I did a little journal on word, mostly when anything of significance came along (i.e. ultrasounds, end of trimesters, etc.) and did some continued after he was born.  Problem I found is that as he got older, the entries got further and further apart, and when we got pregnant with our 2nd, even the pre-birth ones were extremely random, which if I show them will lead to the inevitable question from our current youngest of, "Why does my journal have only 6 entries and J's have 30?"
  • I bought this Epic Wins/Epic Fails journal this year, thinking there would be a lot for me to write in it with the pregnancy, birth, our trip to the UK, etc.  But it turns out I have zero motivation for that type of thing and the book is stashed away in a cabinet, unused.  

• polooo26 said:
    futant462 said:
    I bought this Epic Wins/Epic Fails journal this year, thinking there would be a lot for me to write in it with the pregnancy, birth, our trip to the UK, etc.  But it turns out I have zero motivation for that type of thing and the book is stashed away in a cabinet, unused.  

I would put that into the epic fails category.
    Nah, it wasn't very epic.  

• I haven't kept any kind of journal.  I am too lazy.  My wife kept a weekly journal and has a picture of each week to go along with the entries.

• My wife and I are just the complete opposite.  She doesn't want to keep a journal, but I do lol.  I highly doubt I will have the time and energy to do it after the ball starts rolling.
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"