Third-Party Reproduction
Options

**Third-Party Reproduction Check-In!**

This weekly check-in is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including: Donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestation carrier, or surrogate - also Donors, GC's and surrogates as well!

Hello all!

This week's check-in is here! If you haven't checked in for a while, please take a moment and say hello!

Check-In Week of August 26th:

1. Please share any updates on your process. How are you feeling?2. QOTW: What is your favorite recipe? Bonus for a link to the online recipe! 

Welcome
BabyEdgar - DS single mom - Interested in donating remaining embryos.
((Hugs))
Sammer818 - We are all so sad for your setback :( and we're here for you!
New BFPs & Other Good News!
MrsT4! So glad your FET went well and we are ALL IN for you!!! 
Firesiren - so happy to see you are in motion again! FX for you!
DoublePortion - What a down and then UP week! So excited for you!
In the TWW!
GoaliesWife123 - ICI#1 on 8/2 - in the TWW! FX for you!
Scorpgirl1120 - IUI#2 on 8/11 - in the TWW! We're all hoping for you!
sam18iamiam - DS - IUI#2 on 8/14 - Hope the wait flies by!
MrsT4 – DE FET#1 – August 23rd transfer of 2 embabies! Lots of T's & P's you way!!! 9/3 Beta
Currently Cycling/Scheduled
poohniki – DS; natural IVF mid-August - 1 egg retrieved, waiting on testing for ET date!
Lacyj67 – DE IVF#1 ER in July and FET on 9/3/13
KateBee – Gest. Surrogate – Matched! ET on 9/5/13!
Meck716 - DS - IUI #1 will be between Aug 28-31.
Stinkerbell6879 – Fresh DE IVF scheduled for btw 9/7 and 9/9/13!
Liz4Paws – Embryo Adoption; 2 Embie-FET Sept 12!!
ArgyleBridge - Egg donor - ET estimated mid-September!
2MamazinSeattle - DE/DS - FET #2 on September 16th.
Firesiren – DS – FET consult planned on 9/5! 
Waiting to Cycle
BeckyP005 – Fresh DE; waiting for donor availability.
Brooklynesque – DE IVF #1 - Waiting for new Sept/Oct calendar after July cancel.
DoublePortion – Embryo Adoption; selected by a donor family with 5 embryos to give!
Faithita – DE - On the RE waiting list.
GetwickMom – Searching for GC - banking frosties due to MFI, hoping for ET ~Sept. 2014!
Jen12573 – Embryo Donation - Receiving 2 donor embies! Consult for calendar 8/27!
Katie_71208 – DE – Reviewing donors! Appt. Oct 1st. 
katmarso - DE with known donor planned. Welcome to you! 
klaganza – DE - In process of choosing egg donor.
Km672 – Fresh DE/DS; Cycle likely in October. Started BCPs late August!
Ladyrader0227 – DE FET after reduction of BMI ~Aug/Sept.
laurag1986 - DS - IUI#5 coming up!
lmieloci1 - Consult with CA Conceptions in August
Meljam13 – Using traditional surrogate (using OS) after Oct.
mm29 - DE; Started process at SDFC in July 2013.
Sammer 818 – Gestational Carrier; Original GC backed out so on the hunt again :(
orangemell2012 - DE on 7/7 - outcome not reported yet.
Pregnant!
JM1977 – DE/DS – EDD 10/9/13 – Boy!
Firefly062 –  DS  -  EDD 10/10/13 – Boy!
IndianaSunshine – DE – EDD 11/20/13 – Boy!
Melkel559 – DS – EDD 12/10/13 – Boy!
Happywifemomofone – DE – EDD 12/23/13 – Boy!
Kaf8278 – DE – EDD 12/31/13 – Gender ?
Moonaggie – DE – EDD 1/2/14 – Boy!
Jms1374 – Embryo Donation – EDD 1/14/14 - Boy!
Strunella – DE – 1/28? - Gender ?
Udc22 – DE – EDD TBD – Twins!!
Aputter05 – DS IUI on 5/30/13 – EDD TBD.
BabyVDM – DE FET#1 – Twins! - EDD 3/20/2014
LittleLady77 – DE IVF - Twins! - EDD 4/10/2014
Parenting
AmCheri – DE – Baby born June 5, 2013 – Girl!
Hooliface – 1 year-old DD from DE
Jcath – 20-month-old identical twin girls from DE + 2 bio sons
JM1977 – 21-month-old DD from DE/DS (also currently pregnant)
Strudel82 – 1 year-old DD twins from DE (also currently GC)
WeBelieveInMagic – 10-month-old son from DS + a 3-yr-old bio son
Donors/GC’s/Surrogates
Strudel82 – GC -  EDD 1/15/14 - Gender ?
ArgleBride – Egg Donor –  ET set for mid-Sept!
Considering Third Party
sharon216 - Considering DE
lmielocl1 - Considering embryo adoption
QOTR - Considering DE
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: **Third-Party Reproduction Check-In!**

• Options

My last BCP was on Friday and I'm still doing my 10cc's of Lupron daily. I added an alarm on my phone to remind me and it's been so relaxing not having to remember! :) Old lady tricks I guess. AF is imminent and my first u/s and blood draw is on Tuesday! Then I start patches with the next blood draw the following Tuesday. Knock on wood - the preparation part has always going like clockwork for me - so hoping this time is no different. Back to acupuncture, and am working hard on my hip which is much better! Back to yoga too which has been very emotionally helpful, not to mention the physical.

Incidentally, this week on Thursday was Babykins's EDD. I'll admit to being a bit sad and having had a bit of melancholy over the past couple weeks sad our little boy didn't make it - especially because I had 2 local friends and made 3 bump friends who are local, all due within 1 month of when I was. And, they are all having their babies (2 down, 3 to go...). I'm thrilled for them of course! I just look at their babies and think that is what we'd be having right about now and it's a little hard/sad. But it will pass, and hopefully this cycle works and we take home the right baby for us!

QOTW: We make this just about every single Sunday night! Orange Creole Mustard Chicken.

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    2Mamas it's coming up quickly!  I always think it's nothing but a whirl wind from the last bcp to transfer.  You can start counting down the days.  I'm so excited for you!

Update - I stopped all supporting meds on Thursday.  I am 10w3d and have never made it this far.  (I guess I'll be saying that for every update from now on.)  Even though I have been extremely worried that my placenta may not have take over production of the hormones yet, the minions seem to be growing and the pregnancy progressing.  I'm trying to just remain calm and go with it. 

I start back to work in just over a week.  1/2 days to start.  I am really not looking forward to having to be under the thumb of my monster horrible boss.  She makes me feel like sh*t.  I tried on my work clothes, and NONE of them fit, so I had to go out and buy maternity wear (I feel silly, because I'm so early, but no point in buying any more regular clothes.)  Despite the very limited selection, I managed to put together a decent set of work attire.   My NT scan is booked for Sept 4 when I will be just 12 weeks.  Looking forward to this but still super anxious. 

Good Luck to All - hope the good news keeps rolling in.

QOTW - favourite recipe.  I can't think of one right now.  Maybe my Mom's family secret Clam Chowder recipe. Sorry can't share that one! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lacyj67Lacyj67 member
    edited August 2013
    Update... Did something bad this weekend at tjmaxx... I convinced myself its for a baby shower I have to go to.... In a few months but who am I kidding. Can anyone guess what im hoping for?? Lol
    I'm about 8 days from our DE FET and so excited and so hopeful and hoping I'm not going to go Insane during our 2ww. Shots have been going good and next one is tue then ultrasound on wed morning. Hoping that lining is growing like it should.
    Qotw: I'm so not a cook my DH usually does that but I make a mean guacamole!!! The trick is a pinch of sugar!!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Options

2Mamaz-Glad that your prep is going like clockwork.  My heart goes out to you as you remember your LOs EDD and experience the celebrations of the birth of your friend's babies.  Glad that you have your current cycle in progress and have the ability to focus on your take home baby being the next baby in your life.  FX for a BFP and a H & H 9 months!!!

BabyVDM-I had all the same worries as you when I stopped my supporting meds...it will be ok, your RE knew enough to get you PG and knows enough to tell you that your body's got this!  Glad that you were able to get some new clothes, GL going back to work. 

Lacy67-Yeah for being 8 days from FET!!  FX that in just a few short weeks you will be announcing your BFP!!

Stinkerbell-Thinking of you, and everything crossed for your upcoming cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeckyP005-Praying that you will be at the top of the wait list soon!!

Update-Nothing new here.  Had a second a/s last week.  Baby boy is healthy and whenever I am ready to settle down for the evening he starts kicking like he wants out today!  Finally gained a couple pounds, spent months redistributing to my belly without gaining anything.  At 23 weeks, def. pregnant even in the eyes of strangers.

QOTW-Oreo Cookie Ice cream cake

Mix 50 crushed up cookies with stick of butter or margarine melted (I do this in a plastic ziplock)

Layer 1 container, I think 2 QT, Vanilla ice cream on top of Oreos.

Layer hot fudge on top of ice cream.

One container of cool whip on top of fudge and freeze for several hours, or overnight, before serving.  I usually use a 9x13 glass baking dish.

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    Thinking of everyone here this week! I hope the 2ww flies by for anyone waiting and I hope time goes quickly for anyone waiting for something to happen!

@2mamaz, hoping everything goes as planned. I'm sorry you are going through sadness, and I hope your life is full of love.

As for me, we are CD1 today. To be quite honest, we were VERY certain that I was pregnant, based on the symptoms I was experiencing. My acupuncturist was also confident that I was pregnant. She believes I may have miscarried. There is no way to know. I've started using CBE fertility monitor and hope that will help with timing. 

Keeping everyone in my thoughts!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options

Hi ladies!

2Mamaz - I'm so sorry about your EDD coming up this week.  I know that it's tough milestone, especially with reminders of others' pregnancies, so big (((hugs))) to you!  That said, I am praying that this current cycle goes very smoothly and results in a healthy, take-home rainbow baby!!!  I think its wonderful that you're doing acupuncture and yoga (again). :)

BabyVDM - Congrats on being over 10 weeks now and for having your NT scan booked - that is very exciting!!  I nearly forgot you took extended time off for this cycle and sending you relaxing/calming vibes as you prepare to go back to work.  I know it's difficult to cycle and work (as I'm currently out of work and all of my prior cycles were completed when I had a job), so I hope the break was just was you needed. :)

Lacyj67 - I'm excited that your DE FET is fast approaching!!  Sending you great lining vibes!!!And I love the picture of all of the pink, frilly stuff. ;)

Happywife - woa, can't believe you are 23 weeks already?!  Glad to hear that you and baby boy are doing well....so exciting!!!

AFM:  As mentioned, I'm in the 2ww and trying not to go crazy.  I'm going beta or bust (will not pee on a stick), but in the meantime, I have a progesterone check this Wednesday....so I'll take any good progesterone vibes you ladies can offer, LOL. 

BTW, I want to say a HUGE thanks again for all of your support thus far....I really do appreciate all of the T&P's and good vibes!!

QOTW:  We have a 'secret' family recipe for NY style cheesecake that is always a hit around the holidays.  Sorry I can't share the recipe. :(

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

• Options
    liz4pawsliz4paws member
    edited August 2013
    Hi everyone!

I had my baseline appointment on Thursday. Even though AF hadn't fully come yet, I guess my lining was thin enough (4mm) and my e2 low enough (<6) that they cleared me to start estradiol. So I lowered my Lupron dose and started the estradiol pills. My lining check is on September 3rd. Fingers crossed!

QOTW:

If you like to impress people AND you like steak, this is the recipe for you. It's a pan-fried beef tenderloin with a peppercorn and cognac cream sauce.

You get to light the pan on fire. How cool is that?

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    2Mamaz: ((Hugs)) on the EDD. I know that's a hard milestone to pass with empty arms.

BabyVDM: FX the placenta will do it's job perfectly and also that your boss will make a change for the better or she will find a new job!

Lacy: You bad girl! lol Those are super cute!!!

Happy: I'm glad all is well with baby boy!

Goalies: So sorry you're back to CD1! The constant cycle of hope and disappointment is so hard.

MrsT4: I'm KMFX for a BFP!!

Liz: I am just so incredibly happy that your cycle is underway and going well! It's been a rough road getting here so you certainly deserve a smooth ride the rest of the way to a BFP!

AFM: I am waiting for the rest of my lab results from the 20 vials drawn last week and to hear back from the TPR coordinator who emailed the donors our questions. One of the lab results I've already received back is for my thyroid. I last had it checked in May and my TSH was .668, which is ok if not a tiny bit too low, and the results from last week are 4.35 which is not good at all. I don't know what the deal is with my thyroid! I'm just glad I asked for the antibody panel so I can see if it's an autoimmune issue. Plus, now I've got to get in to see my regular endocrinologist since TTC with TSH at 4.35 is not a good idea!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    Check In: I don't really have much to report. We have an appointment with a new agency next week and hopefully we will be able to move forward with things from there. We didn't get a great first impression of this agency when we first started trying to work with them in June, but this last round of phone calls/emails has gone better, so I'm really trying to keep an open mind.

QOTW: One recipe?! Not even a category to choose from? I don't know...I love to eat so this is hard. I'm a HUGE pasta fan and I love making homemade alfredo sauce. My favorite is actually a Weight Watchers recipe with cream cheese, parm cheese, and half and half...I'd share the recipe, but I'm at work. 

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    2Mamaz - *HUGE HUGS* EDDs are very hard. Be kind to yourself. 

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    My first check in - how exciting! :)

Status:  We had a productive week last week, working our way through the prerequisite checklist.  My husband does his SA this week and we have our psychological consultation on Friday.   And after that, we're ready to get serious about the selection process.   I did have my first (of probably many) disappointment in the process late last week.  It was probably premature, but I had started going over the donor list and had already marked 4 top choices. I was dismayed to see that 2 of those have already moved off the 'available' list.  So, I've decided to wait until we're closer to selecting before I obsess over the list any more.  I have to say that I'm so glad this board is available.  I'm enjoying everything I'm learning and getting to know you all.

QOTW:  I like to make this salmon dish for guests.  It's my rice crispie treat trick in that, it seems "fancy", but it is really easy to make.  :)
    https://www.bhg.com/recipe/seafood/pistachio-baked-salmon/

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options

2Mamaz - Big hugs to you. I'm sure it is so very difficult.

BabyVDM - GL heading back to work and dealing with your not-so-nice boss. I hope it won't be too bad for you.

Lacy - I've had to stop myself plenty of times! Very cute. Oh and MH makes an awesome gua-camole!! A cook-off is in order..lol

Happywife - glad things are moving along!! MrsT4 - Fingers and toes crossed for you!! Liz-FX for a great lining next week so we can get this show on the road!! DP- 20 vials of blood...yikes! Sorry your thyroid is acting up.

Sammer - FX that your agency will work out for you!! QOTR- Hoping for a smooth process for you and no wait time!!

I'm feeling nervous!! I think because my cycle could just around the corner!

QOTW: I cook for my boss and the family so they like when I make BBQ Turkey loaf. Nothing exciting and it's from The Neelys cookbook. 2Mamaz..how funny I was just thinking about posting on my home board about what everyone makes for dinner!! You must have read my mind...lol

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options

My last BCP was on Friday and I'm still doing my 10cc's of Lupron daily. I added an alarm on my phone to remind me and it's been so relaxing not having to remember! :) Old lady tricks I guess. AF is imminent and my first u/s and blood draw is on Tuesday! Then I start patches with the next blood draw the following Tuesday. Knock on wood - the preparation part has always going like clockwork for me - so hoping this time is no different. Back to acupuncture, and am working hard on my hip which is much better! Back to yoga too which has been very emotionally helpful, not to mention the physical.

Incidentally, this week on Thursday was Babykins's EDD. I'll admit to being a bit sad and having had a bit of melancholy over the past couple weeks sad our little boy didn't make it - especially because I had 2 local friends and made 3 bump friends who are local, all due within 1 month of when I was. And, they are all having their babies (2 down, 3 to go...). I'm thrilled for them of course! I just look at their babies and think that is what we'd be having right about now and it's a little hard/sad. But it will pass, and hopefully this cycle works and we take home the right baby for us!

QOTW: We make this just about every single Sunday night! Orange Creole Mustard Chicken.

*hugs* I am so sorry about the EDD. I hear ya...I'm starting to buy food with expiration dates on the EDD of our LO, or seeing Halloween stuff pop up is like a punch in the gut knowing it's around the corner. Sending you all kinds of squishy hugs. I hope your take-home baby is around the corner.

Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 

2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!

image      image 
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

Big hugs to 2mamaz and to anyone else who needs them!!

Check-in: I will be 25 weeks tomorrow and can finally say that I am feeling great. More energy, nausea totally gone..I hope I am not jinxing myself. They always say you feel better in the 2nd tri it just took me a little longer I guess. I am in full-on nesting mode..preparing the nursery, registered for the baby shower last week, it's all so surreal. I look forward to everyone on here sharing on PAIF soon!

Q: I am not the best cook but I do make a mean buffalo chicken dip that I usually bring to football parties.
    TTC since June 2011
    DX: DH (30) severe MFI, severely low count & low motility
    Me (32): all clear
    Appt with Urologist 5/21/12: exam, ultrasound, bloodwork all normal.
    Testicular Biopsy with TESE on 6/8/12. good sperm found! (left side only) froze sperm, failed thaw test :(
    Orientation for IVF/ICSI on 6/13/12. Waiting for the green light following biopsy results...results show adequate sperm production both sides.
    2nd SA 6/18/12: sample is "adequate for ICSI"
    Plan: IVF/ICSI July 2012!
    ER: 7/26/12. 15 eggs retrieved, all mature.
    TESE/TESA/aspiration from epididymis, no motile sperm found :(
    froze all eggs, the saga of praying for good sperm continues.
    8/3/12: 2nd opinion from MFI uro on biopsy slides. Suspects "partial late maturation arrest."
    Plan: more SAs, third biopsy/TESE with frozen back-up either from DH or DS.
    SA 8/17/12: Zero sperm
    SA 8/23/12: Zero sperm
    9/26/12: SPERM FOUND! 15 eggs thawed, 12 survived and were ICSI'd, only 3 fertilized normally. Refrozen as embies and will thaw in Nov. Please survive and grow!
    All 3 survived the thaw on 11/15/12!
    FET 11/17/12: transferred 2, one 4B, one 4C. Beta 11/30:BFFN
    moving on to DS
    DIUI#1 2/18/13,50mg Clomid cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger, Beta 3/4/13: BFN.
    DIUI#2 3/19/13, 50 mg Clomid cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger, Beta #1 (14dpiui) 4/2/13: BFP!!!! 150. Beta #2 4/4/13: 420 Beta #3 4/8/13: 2691. Beta #4 4/15/13: 15,086
    1st u/s 4/8/13 shows one gestational sac
    2nd u/s 4/15/13 shows yolk sac, fetal pole and early heartbeat
    3rd u/s 4/25/13: measuring right on track. Heart rate 148 bpm
    A/S 7/22/13: IT'S A BOY!!
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2qmon5u.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/laurakat24/turkeybaster-1.jpg"[/IMG]Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Don't know how to edit my post, but I wanted to add a recipe that I could actually share! :)

It's basically sautéed shrimp with lemon, butter, garlic and peas...served over rice (yum!)  Of course, I tend to make it extra yummy by flavoring the rice with plenty of garlic and butter (unlike the linked recipe which is a 'lighter' version).

https://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Shrimp_-peas-and-rice-352154

BTW, 2Mamaz....I think I'm going to try your Orange Chicken recipe tonight!!  Sounds delish!!!

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

• Options
    Another update on me: I sent my endocrinologist an email this morning about my TSH and he upped my dose to 125 mcg without me having to go in for an appt. I checked out my lab results from last year and apparently the dose I'm on, 112 mcg, isn't strong enough (TSH was 4.5 then), but the dose I was switched to for 3 months last year (also the 125 mcg) made me feel jittery but my TSH was a lot better. Sadly, there isn't an in between dose. I have my annual with him in Oct so depending on my TSH results then I may ask if I can switch the doses out every other day. Not sure if he'll go for that. He told me before though that if I do get PG I have to take the 125 mcg, or stronger, and if it makes me jittery I'll just have to deal with it. (He said it nicer than that though!)

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    I haven't checked in lately, it's been a long few months. We did a round of donor sperm IUI and that was a bust, we are doing our second IUI this cycle. My guess is Saturday or Sunday, fingers crossed but it is really hard to stay optimistic. 

I am glad to see some good news on here though!
    Me- Ok as 1/13
    DH- Azoospermia diagnosis
    DIUI #1 7/13 BFN
    DIUI #2 8/31/13 BFN
    DIUI #3 10/26/13 Fingers crossed!

Blog

Baby Making Blog

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Wow! It seems like a lot of us are moving forward and everything is going well. So glad to see that. :)
    As for me: I had my first monitoring appointment for the FET this morning. He said plan for it for 2 1/2 weeks, which is the first days of school. I keep telling myself not to stress, I'm more important, the sub will be just fine, but I always freak out last minute and feel guilty. Worst part is I still don't know what I'm teaching (grade or subject) so I can't plan. Oh well, not my fault if I'm not superwoman and can't do everything last minute. (vent over)

QOTW: My favorite recipe is a cheese filled coffee cake my mom found in a newspaper clipping. I have no link to it, and its kinda long (cake, cheese filling, and crumb topping) but I will take a picture of it if you message me.
    ***WARNING***

TTC Since 12/2008;  DH: 32, Azoospermia     me: 33, DX during IVF #4: Low AMH (Normal FSH) / SER due 
    to IVF Meds (causing failure to fertilize) Recent DX: Hashimoto's, Lupus Anticoagulant, White Blood Cell Disorder 
    High ANA, ATA, & APA, PAI-1 Heterozygous= blood clotting disorder; connective tissue disorder 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 2/2011     IVF w/ ICSI #2 5/2011    IVF w/ ICSI #3 12/2012   *New RE* IVF w/ ICSI #4  5/2013
    IVF w/ ICSI #5 8/2013 (Natural Cycle- No drugs)- One follicle->one blast. CCS normal. FET 9/10- 6BB blast. m/c @ 5w
    IUI #1 12/23- BFN  IUI #2 Cancelled (ovulated during AF)  Prep:CoQ10 (300 mg); DHEA (25 mg); Melatonin (3 mg), Folgard 2.2, Metformin 500 2x, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Aspirin 81mg w/ calcium, B12,  Vit. D 4000 & Prenate Elite Daily; Cabergoline 1/2 pill 2x week-  Cycling: Estrace Priming; Prednisone 10mg, Lovenox 40mg 2x,  Femera & Menopur   
    IUI #2.1 6/30 & 7/1. 1st Beta: 90 (7/15); 2nd Beta: 226 (7/17); 3rd Beta: 766   EDD: 3/23/2015

**ALL WELCOME**                                    My Blog 

• Options

Hi Everyone!

2Mamaz- I'm so sorry about your due date happening this way. I've been there, its awful. Hoping you are able to focus on your current cycle and I hope this is your take home baby.

BabyVDM- I hope your boss lays off and your transition back to work goes smoothly.

HappyWife- glad all is well with Baby Boy

GoaliesWife-So sorry for your disappointment. I know that feeling all too well, hang in there!!

MrsT-I could never have your willpower and not test!! Best of luck on your progesterone test!!

Liz-glad to hear everything is on track! You're getting close!!

DP-sorry to hear about your thyroid, but glad you are being proactive with it now. Hoping all continues to go well and you are planning for your transfer asap!!

Sammer- Wishing you lots of good luck with the new agency! It's very hard to start somewhere new, but you are already doing great by keeping an open mind. Let us know how it goes

Becky- Really hoping your cycle IS just around the corner.....   :)

Melkel-wow! 25 weeks! Glad you're finally feeling better!!

Orangemell- Hope your next IUI goes smoothly and is a success! Best of luck

Update: Had a difficult week. Mammogram revealed an abnormality, had to have several more pictures/ultrasounds done, but I'm very happy to learn it is only a cyst! I've had 3 other abnormalities over the past 4 years and they have biopsied them 3x...I was nervous this would be the case again, but the radiologist was convinced with all of the additional imaging.

Good news is our tentative transfer dates are 9/26 (my birthday!!) to 10/1!!!

I really hope I get my baby for my birthday this year!!

QOTW:I made this once for my husband and he thinks it is one of the best dishes he's ever had. It's baked cream cheese spaghetti casserole...from Pinterest!

https://www.plainchicken.com/2011/11/baked-cream-cheese-spaghetti-casserole.html

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options

I am late to the party this week!  T &P with everyone...looks like we could potentially having quite a few BFP in the near future. Can't wait!!!!

Update: We got to see our little man again on Sat since he didn't cooperate at the first ultrasound to get good pictures the week prior. I can't believe how much he has grown in just a week!  Also starting to feel some pretty substantial movement and kicking--loving it, but the body rolls are definitely an odd feeling.

QOTD: Most of my cooking is just throwing stuff together and seeing what happens. Anytime I use a recipe, it turns out really poorly.

• Options
    Well my check in is not good news.  Found out it didn't work.  Got my period today so I'm starting the process over again!  Hopefully 3rd time's a charm!!!
  • Options
    liz4paws said:
    Hi everyone!

I had my baseline appointment on Thursday. Even though AF hadn't fully come yet, I guess my lining was thin enough (4mm) and my e2 low enough (<6) that they cleared me to start estradiol. So I lowered my Lupron dose and started the estradiol pills. My lining check is on September 3rd. Fingers crossed!

QOTW:

If you like to impress people AND you like steak, this is the recipe for you. It's a pan-fried beef tenderloin with a peppercorn and cognac cream sauce.

This is exactly what happened on my cycle and because of it I had a great lining :) FX that happens to you too! No update from my end.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Rooting for everyone on this board!!

I haven't been posting much because I'm still in a holding pattern.  My donor is coming in for screening next week, though, so I should get a schedule then.  So hoping it won't be too long before I can cycle(!!).

My favorite recipe -- if you can even call it that -- is for very simple, fool-proof wild salmon.  I get a big filet (~1.5 lbs), rub olive oil on it, salt and/or season it with a salmon spice mix, then bake on a foil-covered cookie sheet at 275 degrees until the thickest part hits 120 degrees when measured with a meat thermometer, about 20 mins.  Simple, quick, and not nerve-racking to make -- I don't need to worry about pyrotechnics on the grill or stovetop  or anything like that.  I serve with a big salad and a vegetable like broccoli.  Serves around 4 ppl.
  • Options

scorpgirl, I am so sorry to hear that news. ((HUGS))

DH and I are doing well. We had our consultation yesterday with my local RE. We are excited to get started and move forward. This is our last ditch effort, hopefully it works, but if it doesn't we will be childless, not by choice (and there may be a book in the works about that, I just feel like pouring everything out onto paper).

They are starting me on BCP tonight, I should have started last night but I didn't get to pick up my pills yet. I've had crazy cycles, but that's because I'm peri-menopausal, so it was expected for this to start happening (let's just say, 14 days between cycles, and lately I've been spotting for 14 days during the cycle - this is not fun!)

I'll go for the nurse's consult in a couple of weeks, and it looks like we'll start the process in mid-October, based on our schedules that works really well for us.

QOTW: Let's see, favorite recipe. I have a few, but our go-to recipe for a quick dinner is just whole grain pasta with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toasted almond slivers to add a little crunch. Mmm. 

SAIF/PAIF absolutely ALWAYS welcome to respond!
  • Options
    Sorry so late to check in!! Looks like we have a lot going on the next few weeks on the boards :-)

(((HUGS))) to those who need them and glad to see everyone who is moving along is doing good :-)

I am on estrace right now, and have a second u/s this Friday and I hope to know more by Monday if the donor is on track for her ER next Wednesday. So just trying to stay busy.

As far as recipes, I'll have to ditto Brook, because I do a very similar recipe with salmon. I also will make some steamed rice or cook up some read potatoes in a pan with onions and seasoning.    

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• Options
    liz4paws said:
    Hi everyone!

QOTW:

This is exactly what happened on my cycle and because of it I had a great lining :) FX that happens to you too! No update from my end.

This thrills me to read! I've been secretly worried about it...that somehow it will be the single cause of demise to this whole process. So relieved to know you went through the same AND it gave you a great lining AND ultimately had a BFP!

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 

image      image 
  • Options
    Status update: yesterday was the end of my tww and the test was negative. I did call my doctors office and asked for a blood test because I have been feeling really crappy.  we should know those results today. If the results are still not positive I will go off the progesterone  and my hubby and I have decided to take a break so we can save some more money for our next around and to switch our ds. we are both thinking happy thoughts. 
    Feb 2005- Diagnosed with PSOS
    June 2011 - Hubby started dialysis causing need for DS
    Jan 2013 - First visit to fertility clinic
    March 2013 - Diagnosed bicornuate uterus no surgery needed
    1st - IUI July 13, 2013- 150 Clomid and trigger, used DS - BFN
    2nd  IUI August 14, 2013 clomid and trigger and progresteron used  DS.- BFN

May 2014- New doctor 
    July 9 -ultra sound and ok to start 200 units of follistim
    July 19- Triggered 
    July 20 - First IUI with donor sperm - bfn
    July 21- Second iui with donor sperm - started two week wait - BFN

• Options
    I am sorry I am late!!  I apologize I have been really bad about keeping up - things at home have been crazy busy and work is nutty!  I am thinking of everyone and sending best wishes vibes!!!  I am cheering y'all on!!  

Not much to report! Just waiting for AF or a very miraculous natural BFP (who am I kidding???). I am expecting AF next weekend!  Once AF shows, I will start BCP and will get a saline u/s completed along with labs. I am also trying to find a therapist who will do our psych consult.  Once I complete all of these items, they will start the matching process.  It will be an exercise in patience while matching occurs!! H&P that we will be matched & ready for transfer by the end of the year!

• Options
    Hi everyone,

I've been MIA, but our GS is flying in tonight, and the transfer is tomorrow! Her lining looked great during the last check, and we've been texting each other almost every day out of excitement. I'm so incredibly anxious, and want so badly for this to work. Wishing everyone good luck with their upcoming cycles!

Recipe: Quinoa Broccoli Cheese Casserole. Sounds crazy, but it's amazing. I could eat it every day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"