Blended Families
Options

sad an uncertain

According to Facebook, SD's older brother and sister's dad and SM are getting a divorce. Apparently she surprised him with papers today after admitting that for the past three months she has been lying about where she is and who she is with and even going out of town with some guy and telling him it was for work.

Oh I hate this so much. One, those kids have been through literal hell, and their dad and SM have been the best thing that ever happened to them. The kids are still in serious recovery and hanging on by a thread at times. I don't want them to have to go through any more pain! My heart is just breaking for them right now.

And secondly, SM was the main facilitator of contact between all of us. I really think if she is out of the picture, SD will not get to talk to her brother and sister much if at all. I think BD could seriously just let us drop off the face of the earth and not care. In his mind, it's best if his kids put every part of their past behind them. Unfortunately, SD is part of that past, too.

Re: sad an uncertain

• Options
    That is so sad. I hope your SD will still be able to have a relationship with her siblings. T&Ps your/her way.
  • Options
    That's awful.  Those poor kids.  It's hard enough to go through once.  Hopefully you guys can help with communication - it would be sad for her to lose her relationship with them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, even without knowing how their relationship was (SM and BD), I am willing to bet that stress with the kids is what pushed this. Dealing with our situation has been stressful enough on me and my DH, but their situation with SD's siblings was so much more precarious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"