June 2012 Moms
Options

Art work

DS makes some adorable art projects at daycare. My fridge is getting pretty full from all the artwork. :)

What do you do with LO's artwork? Do you display it in a special way? Or store it in some kind of scrapbook?

Just looking for some ideas.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Art work

• Options
    I throw 99% of it away. I only keep a few special things for each kid. They each have a bankers box that I put stuff in.

image   image

• Options
    EMO, I know I have to start editing what I keep. Everything is cute now because they usually make projects with his handprints or footprints.

Scribbles will be easier to throw away I guess. :)

I like the box idea. Maybe I'll start a memory box for him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I was teaching and needed to save student work, I liked plastic file boxes b/c I could put in hanging file folders for each month or kid. The only drawback would be if they did something on a page bigger than what fits in the file folder. (I can't remember if construction paper fits or not.)

This post has me totally feeling like a slacker b/c I've only done paint once with DS and did not keep the paper. (It was flour paint, and I figured it would grow mushrooms eventually.)

• Options
    @unaveragejane, don't feel like a slacker! The only reason DS makes all these projects is because of daycare. I couldn't come up with the projects they do! The most I've done at home is a coloring book with DS.
  • Options
    Good idea! Our next thing will be coloring books! ;)
  • Options
    I'm selective because he does a lot. He has a canvas hanging in his room that was his first painting experience. The really good crayon scribbles I keep and put in the office. I just pulled one out yesterday and used it to make my dad's birthday card.

I might put one a year in his scrap book but not over do it. You could create a separate one for art, learning to write and future short stories that he will do in school.
  • Options
    Sorry, lurker here. I got a great idea from someone to take a picture of the artwork. So I just take pictures of her work, keep some of it and toss the rest. I made a page in her baby book to display pictures of her work. I like this idea, too, bc then I don't worry if some gets lost or ruined.
  • Options
    @DawnLilly, I love that you captured his first painting experience like that. That's so cool!

Maybe I'll frame and hang up one of my favorites.
  • Options
    I read about someone that scans the drawings and uses them as wrapping paper for presents for family members.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"