Illinois Babies

OB that delivers at Prentice

Hi-

My OB/GYN from Advocate recommended these doctors from NW/Prentice. Has anyone had experience with them? I will need evening appointments most of the time & I also have physical therapy 4 days/week, so I need someone that is timely with their appointments. I've read many reviews where people have to wait 30-45 minutes past their appt. time & I personally do not have the luxury of waiting. Parking would be good too in case I am coming straight from work and don't have time to park at home & hop on the red line. My doctor referred me to:

Dr. Lisa Mazzulo, Dr. Robbye McNair, Dr. Catherine Chen, or Dr. Lukens (in that order)

Please let me know your experiences good and bad. Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: OB that delivers at Prentice

• Last summer, I was living overseas, had a miscarriage, and was so disatisfied with the care I was receiving that I moved back to basically Chicago overnight and was lucky enough to be squeezed into the practice you mentioned. 

The actual doctor I saw is not one you listed, but he was absolutely amazing.  I couldn't have asked for a kinder, gentler, more understanding care provider.  His name is Tim Garvey, and while I haven't experienced his care with a healthy pregnancy, the few visits I had with him for the miscarriage were all timely.  I also really appreciated his patience and willingness to let me be an active participant in my own care.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
  • Dr Lukens is my dr! She's great and very timely!! I also see dr. Mehta in the same office when dr lukens is unavailable. Both are extremely kind, and very calm and informative.
    Also, My friend is a labor/delivery nurse at prentice and just loves dr Robbye McNair.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had two great deliveries at Prentice prior to DD2. But after my most recent experience you might want to look elsewhere....

Dr. Lukens is a doctor in the practice that my primary OB/GYN belongs to and I do not have any positive experiences with her...if you want a girlfriend/sorority sister then she is your girl but if you want a doctor look elsewhere. She shared more information about herself in an emergency consultation then I would have ever wanted to know. When I had questions about medication and breastfeeding that she prescribed (in my primary's absence) she was quick to tell me that she took the same medication when she was breastfeeding only to have two pediatricians tell me to avoid the exact same medication.

And as far as Dr. Mehta goes she is an absolute nightmare! She delivered DD2 and made me feel like I was somehow inconveniencing her when I delivered in the middle of the night. It took more than 90 minutes for her to arrive after the nurse called her to tell her that I was ready to deliver...only to have a resident deliver the baby because when she waked into the room she was still in street clothes. I ended up in the emergency room 24 hours after discharge,unable to have more children and lifelong complications because of her errors,

You might want to look at Rush or West Suburban.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My sister used Robbye and a dr I babysit for used Chen- both have amazing amazing referrals!
  • Thank you for your responses....I called Dr's McNair & Chen a couple times and nobody called me back. I ended up going with Dr. Mazzulo. Thanks though!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"