Nurseries and Baby Gear

Evenflo Travel Systems

If any of you have purchased any of their travel systems, car seats, or strollers how did you like it? With DD we just stuck with Graco but honestly the only Graco travel system I've seen that I love this time around is the Modes Click Connect. Sadly we can't see ourselves paying that much for a travel system for a few reasons. 1) We stopped using the stroller with our Graco after about 6 months because it was a PITA to constantly pull out and we just ended up getting an umbrella stroller or carrying DD. 2) After a while we stopped using the infant seat of course and bought a nice convertible. So I just don't really see the point in spending a whole lot of money on a travel system this time around.

Long story short I found this and we're considering it. It looks like it has decent reviews but I wanted to see if anyone has any issues/dislikes with their Evenflo carseats/strollers first. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-Journey-300-Travel-System-Koi/19414755?adid=1500000000000027727720 Anything else I have found that I like is out of our budget we want to spend on one or I just think has an ugly design lol.

TIA! :)

Re: Evenflo Travel Systems

• I had an evenflo a few years ago and honestly hated it . The stroller was bulky so we hardly ever used it and the car seat felt cheap . We ended up purchasing a convertible for our daughter when she was four months and a jogger a few months after that . If you didn't like your graco chances are you won't like this system either . If your looking for the convenience factor when the baby is small I'd look into getting a carseat then looking for one of those stroller frames you can click the car seat into at a consignment store for cheap then go for an umbrella stroller when your baby get bigger. If convenience isn't a big issue if personally get a convertible ( one that fits NBs well ) and just ware the baby till they can ride in the stroller . You'll save allot of money that way. We did this with our second and it worked out great . Even though we have an infant seat for baby #4 I still end up leaving it in the car and wareing her most of the time .
  • Yeah I was planning on getting the Boba wrap for the first couple months and when he gets bigger maybe getting the Mei Tei or Ergo. But I'm not going to lie I did like the convenience of having the infant carrier and not having to wake a newborn when getting them out of the car lol. I didn't have a problem with the graco car seat, just the stroller. It was just big for me (I'm only 4'11") and I always had a hard time lugging the thing around. I'm just not a fan of most full size strollers in general.

I never thought about getting just a frame and a infant car seat. I'll have to look at them. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you looked at the chicco lightway? It might meet your needs for a longer period of time. https://www.chiccousa.com/gear/strollers/liteway/liteway-plus-snapdragon.aspx
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you still have the infant seat from your daughter? You could use that with just a snap n go frame (or your other stroller) and then just get a nice stroller for after the infant seat phase. You can call up Graco and get a different cover for the infant seat that will work for your son.
  • AKB090609 said:
    Have you looked at the chicco lightway? It might meet your needs for a longer period of time. https://www.chiccousa.com/gear/strollers/liteway/liteway-plus-snapdragon.aspx
    Oh that's nice! Never heard it before. I like that it's lightweight and you can use an infant seat with it. Hmm may have to talk to DH about it. Thanks! :)

cast920 said:
    Do you still have the infant seat from your daughter? You could use that with just a snap n go frame (or your other stroller) and then just get a nice stroller for after the infant seat phase. You can call up Graco and get a different cover for the infant seat that will work for your son.
    Nope we got rid of it when we got her convertible car seat years ago lol. We weren't really planning on having #2 so soon so we got rid of all her infant stuff when we moved across the country.
  • I never thought about getting just a frame and a infant car seat. I'll have to look at them. Thanks!
    Here you go:

https://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgusa/safety1st/safety1st/clic-it!-infant-seat-carrier---silver-cv247ahi

They have seats too depending on your taste and budget. I've gotten the Graco one for a gift for about $120 for the frame and seat at Target. Avoid Evenflo and Baby Trend seats. They take up more room.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • FmrAFBrat said:
    I never thought about getting just a frame and a infant car seat. I'll have to look at them. Thanks!

Here you go: https://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgusa/safety1st/safety1st/clic-it!-infant-seat-carrier---silver-cv247ahi They have seats too depending on your taste and budget. I've gotten the Graco one for a gift for about $120 for the frame and seat at Target. Avoid Evenflo and Baby Trend seats. They take up more room.
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"