Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

omg! pregnant!

yepyepsmsyepyepsms member
edited August 2013 in Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

I had an OB appt around DS's one year bday and decided not to continue the mini pill.  My hubs and I wanted to start trying for #2 this fall or winter so after some convo with my OB decided to not be on bc and just use condoms until we wanted to try. Anyway, we took the "whatever happens, happens" approach and didn't use condoms the past couple of times we had sex and I did not think I would get preggo right away because it took us a while with our first.  This week I have been CRAZY tired, very emotional and noticed I was dizzy in the mornings. I've been working long hours at work and thought it was that until yesterday for some reason I decided to take a preggo test and PREGNANT!!  OMG.  Can.not.believe.it!  I haven't told my hubby yet because our anniversary is this Thursday and I thought it would be fun to wrap up a test that says "Pregnant" (I bought the digital test) as one of his anniversary presents. Last time I found out I told DH immediately and I am feeling a little guilty I know and won't be telling him for a couple of days...do you think that's wrong?  What do you think about the anniversary "gift" idea of telling him?  I googled some clever ways to tell DH and that was one I found. 

Gah! I am so shocked!!! 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: omg! pregnant!

• Options
    Congrats!  I don't think it's wrong at all to wait a few days before telling him, especially because it's your anniversary.  I like your idea for his gift.  I know someone who told DH by dressing up the older one in a "Big Brother" t-shirt too.  Or you could buy him something else you will need for #2 and wrap that up for him.
  • Options
    I like the idea of putting DS 1 in a big brother shirt and waiting to see how long it takes him to pick up on it.  I know much about the digital tests, but how long do the results last?  I'd be nervous by the time you pee on it, wrap it, and he opens it after dinner or something that the results would be gone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Get a fresh test because the indicator doesn't say "Pregnant" forever. You don't want to hand him a blank stick. Retest day of.
    Also, you might want to be discreet about it and tell him to open it carefully if you are in public. I'm sure other diners at a fancy restaurant wouldn't want to see someone waving around or dropping a stick someone urinated on while they are eating.
    We did something similar. I just asked my husband his thoughts on it and he said he liked finding out that way. He said the way I had warned him to be discreet about opening it really puzzled him and had his mind wandering about what it could possibly be. He also said that if your DH is into sports, you could do some sports analogy about his team scoring a touchdown or something. Clearly my DH is ready for football season.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"