LGBT Parenting
Options

Sunday Success

Well... I missed Saturday, but luckily Sunday also starts with S!
So what are the things you have been successful with this week?
Looking forward to great positive responses!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

Re: Sunday Success

• Options
    Last night I successfully broke my foot in two places.  I successfully got in and out of the ER in under 3 hours.  And today I have successfully showered without the use of my foot.  Then I convinced the cat to nap on me, which was definitely a win, though she ended up in my armpit and it got uncomfortable after a while.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aw, I'm sorry to hear this @ball.and.chain! I hope you heal quickly!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@ball.and.chain - I am so sorry to hear about your foot! How on earth did you manage that?!?!

As for my successes this week...

I successfully took my last BCP yesterday - thank goodness! I hated those darn pills!

My wife and I also successfully survived car shopping ALL day yesterday (like 5 dealerships in 8 hours) without killing each other. HAHA. We did not; however, successfully buy a car. But we might close a deal on one tomorrow. We are being picky and trying to make the best long-term decision possible. Her car successfully died 3 weeks ago, and we have been successfully sharing mine since (I actually like the carpooling)... but the time has come to get her something, and we are struggling to stay within the modest budget that we have set for ourselves while ticking all of the required boxes (or at least most of them) for what we want. We realize this car will likely become our family car with kiddos for a good while, so we want to make a solid choice. I am hoping we successfully purchase something soon!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    I was successful in spending a weekend with my DW, despite being with nieces and nephews and family all weekend. Now she is on a 72 hour shift, so my success has run out. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    KH826 said:

@ball.and.chain - I am so sorry to hear about your foot! How on earth did you manage that?!?!

It's kind of funny, actually.  My doctor ordered me to take a brisk walk every day for exercise (on a good week I get to the gym to run/walk 3x, but I'm not supposed to run while my hip is healing).  For various reasons, it didn't happen Thursday or Friday, but I convinced my wife to take a walk with me around the neighborhood last night.  We were feeling positive about getting more exercise and doing it together and starting better habits...and guess how many walks I'll be going on now?  NONE!

We were at a park near my house that has little league diamonds and concrete bleachers built into the hill.  We decided to walk down to the diamond for some reason (my wife wanted to look at something) and instead of walking down the STAIRS I decided to walk down the bleachers.  Which were further apart than I thought, and I fell and rolled my foot and broke the fifth metatarsal and cuboid bone.  Basically, I am a klutz.  And I'm even more of a klutz on crutches!  Especially since I have bad balance and poor upper body strength.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    We successfully survived a trip to Ikea on a Saturday afternoon!  I have almost been successful at putting together the shelf we bought at Ikea, but am waiting for wife to come home from her bike ride to finish it up. :)
  • Options
    ball.and.chain that sounds like something I would do.  I am not ubber graceful, that is for sure!

I have successfully not taken a HPT during our TWW.  Only one more week and then we can finally take a test.  
    I don't feel like I was successful in much this week.  I worked two jobs, survived a cold and managed to spend sometime with my DW.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    @ball.and.chain  Wow! That is unfortunate. A broken foot is no fun! I broke the fifth metatarsal twice in high school. Apparently it doesn't get good blood flow (at least the part I broke) making it susceptible to re-breaking. As a result, the second time the orthopedist recommended I get a screw put in it, which I did.

I hope that your recovery is relatively easy and that you get a walking cast or air cast boot soon, since a cast and crutches is no fun!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I successfully became a permanent resident of Canada!

M and I applied in December (she is sponsoring me for immigration), and on Wednesday this week I got the letter in the mail that I'd been approved. We just had to go to a "point of entry" (i.e. border or international airport) to get the immigration officials to sign the papers and make it totally official. So we took a road trip to Niagara Falls, NY and got dinner and then crossed back into Canada to finalize my permanent residency.

I become eligible for Ontario health insurance 3 months from that date, which will be November 21--just in time (we hope) to start my IVF.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I successfully deleted my work email off my phone yesterday. I have 9 days off for post-summer (because we work ridiculous hours in the summer, and I work for a non profit that can't pay anyone what they're worth, we get über vacation time.). I am really concentrating on doing nothin work related in the next week!
    Also, I ran in a quarter marathon this week, and that was a great success!
    @ball.and.chain Hoping for a sorry recovery to you! That stinks! Sounds like you are taking it in stride though.
    I attached a bonus PIP of my post-race photo!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    We successfully became pregnant despite a confusing and rocky start of bleeding and spotting - fingers crossed. 

I've also kept with healthy eating and exercise 1-2x per day, I'm hoping this becomes the foundation of a lifestyle change.
  • Options
    Omg. B&C! I cannot believe your news! I'm terrified to break anything, I don't k ow how I've escaped breaking bones but I have thus far. I wish you a super speedy recovery and in the meantime some good pain meds.

I also give props to ATX. Ugh, I did Ikea on a Saturday once.... NEVER again!!!!

I successfully made it through the weekend solo and didn't go crazy. I got a little stir crazy with my bed rest by Friday afternoon. I promised S over FaceTime that I would get out instead of cry about how I didn't want to see anyone. I ran lots of errands, saw a few friends and even got out today with two friends to just sit in the pool and feel weightless. I definitely needed all that. All of that without sky rocketing blood pressure is a positive!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @ball.and.chain - that sounds awful! Do you have an air cast/boot or a hard cast? How long do you think you will be in a cast/ on crutches? Sending you healing vibes!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    @ball.and.chain I broke my leg in two spots playing soccer on roller skates. I was not the brightest in my teen years. Let me know if you need any tips! One for sure that I remember is to make some kinda of padding on the top of your crutches, they hurt after a while:/

My DW and I ripped out or old closet and installed a new one this weekend... The new shelving has been sitting in the garage since march!!! We also went to the pro cycle challenge here in Colorado. We have gone every year since its started and so it's now our little tradition :)
    I have also been successfully avoiding thinking about our first ultrasound until today! I am really good about making myself overly nervous. Hopefully tomorrow shows nothing but good things and calms my fears of being symptom less.
  • Options
    Ball.and.chain, boo on that foot action. FX for a speedy recovery!

This weekend I successfully went on urban walks/hikes in two totally different city parks than normal! One w J and one with my mom. And I did at-home yoga for hips yesterday and a Yin Yoga class today. That's as good as it gets these days!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    KH826 said:
    @ball.and.chain - that sounds awful! Do you have an air cast/boot or a hard cast? How long do you think you will be in a cast/ on crutches? Sending you healing vibes!
    They gave me a soft cast because they said it would still swell a bit and it would hurt if it was in a hard cast.  I also have a post-op shoe (sexy) and crutches.  Which I suck at.  I have to call today to make an appointment with an orthopedist, who may re-set my foot and/or give me a different cast -- no idea at this point.  Also no one gave me any kind of estimate on healing time -- they left that up to the ortho -- but 6 weeks seems like an average for a bone break.

I have to say, I am really hating this.  I figured the sucky thing about a bone break would be pain -- but once about 12 hours had passed, I wasn't in any pain unless I bump the foot.  The lack of mobility is much harder -- and I hate having to rely on my wife to do everything.  She was visibly stressed out this morning trying to get me downstairs, fed, and set up with everything I need and still get out the door to work on time, and that's without having to help me shower (I'm skipping that today) or get me ready to go to work (I'm working from home).  And of course I knew I'd be without the use of one foot, but I didn't think about the fact that crutches occupy your hands, so it's hard to carry anything or move anything around.  I realize there are people who deal with this kind of thing their whole lives, and that even in the relatively short time I'm dealing with it, it will get easier.  But the learning curve is much steeper than I anticipated, and I'm still sort of reeling from it.

I'm also super stressed out about commuting to work.  I work in the financial district, and my commute is about 90 minutes of driving, subway, and walking.  I can drive fine (I broke my left foot and my car is automatic), and the subway has elevators everywhere, but just the walking to get from parking garage to turnstile to platform to a seat and then from seat to platform to street to office is not insignificant.  I get sweaty/tired/sore walking around my house on crutches and I'm not really steady on them, so the idea of all of that makes me nervous.  I could drive the whole way, but parking is around $40 a day near my office, and most of the garages are still several blocks away.  I'm also anxious about being on the 26th floor without mobility, since elevators shut down in emergencies.  I have this fear that we will have to evacuate and I won't be able to.  Of course this is unlikely -- I've worked there for 7 years and have only had to evacuate once, for a false alarm -- but hey, that's why they diagnosed me with an anxiety disorder!  My boss told me to work from home today, and my wife is going to drive me tomorrow since it's her day off.  In the meantime I'm going to see if my office has any kind of special accommodations for this sort of thing.

On the bright side, I am logging some serious kitty snuggling time!  Apparently a horizontal mama is the best kind of pillow.

Thank you for letting me vent and for all your get-well-soon wishes!  I am trying my best to take it easy, do everything I'm told and heal as fast as possible!
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    ball.and.chain  you might want to also talk to you Dr about getting a temporary handicap placard for your car.  That might help you to be able to park closer to work and help out a little.  You might also want to look into renting a wheelchair or a walker.  A walker is much more steady than crutches.  I wish you the best of luck with everything!   It is much harder then people realize. January 2012 my DW lost feeling in her legs and couldn't walk, so we all of a sudden had to adjust to a life of wheelchairs and limited mobility.  Lots of physical therapy and hard work she is better now, but it really threw us both for a loop.
    My opinion is to do what you can and accept help if it is offered :-)
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    trisholio said:
    ball.and.chain  you might want to also talk to you Dr about getting a temporary handicap placard for your car.  That might help you to be able to park closer to work and help out a little.  You might also want to look into renting a wheelchair or a walker.  A walker is much more steady than crutches.  I wish you the best of luck with everything!   It is much harder then people realize. January 2012 my DW lost feeling in her legs and couldn't walk, so we all of a sudden had to adjust to a life of wheelchairs and limited mobility.  Lots of physical therapy and hard work she is better now, but it really threw us both for a loop.
    My opinion is to do what you can and accept help if it is offered :-)
    Thanks for the tips!  Several people have recommended a walker.  My wife said she looked into a temp handicap placard and it takes 30 days, but I haven't researched it myself yet so I'm not sure if that's true.  She did look into the MBTA's para-transit service, but you need a "mobility interview" and even if I would pass it, I think I'd probably be healed by the time I made it through the process! :)  We will figure something out I'm sure.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"