Babies on the Brain
Options

Help! Help! Help! I'm Late!

I'm going to lay it out there straight up.
4 days late
Spotted (Light pink) today.
Slight cramps
Have been trying for almost 3 months now, but i feel like it never happens this fast! I got way to excited and took a test almost a week before my period was suppose to arrive (oops!) haha. Obviously it was negative. Now i'm late. How long should i wait to take a test. I hate getting my hopes up for disappointing news. So i'm trying to keep calm. I just need to know how i should go about this.

Re: Help! Help! Help! I'm Late!

• Options
    You think you are late take a test.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    If you took your last test over a week ago, take another one now. There's nothing stopping you. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't understand ballsox video ???

I'd definitely take a test now! :) gl!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Test now. But if its negative, it means you aren't pregnant and you ovulated later in your cycle. Joy summed it up perfectly. Good luck.

• Options
    I have been keeping track of my periods and ovulation for the past 8 months because i wanted to make sure i had it figured out when my husband and i got married, so we could try right away! I have never been late through that 8 month stretch. Sadly this afternoon i did start. But it just doesn't feel the same? I'm really nauseous, but no cramps or any other "normal" symptoms i usually get. And it started out as just spotting. I plan on taking a test first thing tomorrow morning and if it comes back negative, then i'm going to forget about it!
  • Options
    asnyer24 said:

I have been keeping track of my periods and ovulation for the past 8 months because i wanted to make sure i had it figured out when my husband and i got married, so we could try right away! I have never been late through that 8 month stretch. Sadly this afternoon i did start. But it just doesn't feel the same? I'm really nauseous, but no cramps or any other "normal" symptoms i usually get. And it started out as just spotting. I plan on taking a test first thing tomorrow morning and if it comes back negative, then i'm going to forget about it!

Wait, what? Cycles and symptoms can change. It's normal. It may start as spotting, but if it's enough that you need a tampon or pad, why are you testing tomorrow? Am I missing something?
  • Options
    I just figured i should since responses said too? I guess i'll wait or i wont?
  • Options
    asnyer24 said:

I just figured i should since responses said too? I guess i'll wait or i wont?

The responses were based off of you stating that you were late. If you period is here as of this afternoon, then you're no longer "late".
  • Options
    And i understand that. Yet, i have heard it is possible to still have a period in the early stages of pregnancy? I never thought it was possible. i guess i should stop over thinking everything :]
  • Options
    asnyer24 said:

And i understand that. Yet, i have heard it is possible to still have a period in the early stages of pregnancy? I never thought it was possible. i guess i should stop over thinking everything :]

There are cases where women who are pregnant have light bleeding. But once again, if you are bleeding enough to fill a tampon or pad, it's a period.
  • Options

asnyer24 said:

No, you cannot have your period while pregnant. If you shed the lining of your uterus while pregnant, you will miscarry. You can have a bleeding, but not an actual period.

Your tests have been negative. You started your period. You aren't pregnant. Deal with it. Quit trying to convince yourself otherwise and accept that you. are. not. pregnant.

How the heck do you know if she's pregnant or not? Only a test can tell her. Do you have extra speshul ute goggles? Bad "advice."

OP, when I first became pregnant, I had bleeding. I thought I had started my period, but the spotting continued. I never bled enough for a tampon, but the spotting contined for a few days. I finally took a test when I kept feeling nauseous and I turned it positive right away.

My doctor said that while bleeding during pregnancy is "common" it is not considered normal. Take a test and take @Ghostmonkey 's advice with a pound of salt and some soft pretzels. She doesn't know what she's talking about, clearly.

• Options
    Smushiee1 said:
    asnyer24 said:
    No, you cannot have your period while pregnant. If you shed the lining of your uterus while pregnant, you will miscarry. You can have a bleeding, but not an actual period.

Your tests have been negative. You started your period. You aren't pregnant. Deal with it. Quit trying to convince yourself otherwise and accept that you. are. not. pregnant.

How the heck do you know if she's pregnant or not? Only a test can tell her. Do you have extra speshul ute goggles? Bad "advice." OP, when I first became pregnant, I had bleeding. I thought I had started my period, but the spotting continued. I never bled enough for a tampon, but the spotting contined for a few days. I finally took a test when I kept feeling nauseous and I turned it positive right away. My doctor said that while bleeding during pregnancy is "common" it is not considered normal. Take a test and take @Ghostmonkey 's advice with a pound of salt and some soft pretzels. She doesn't know what she's talking about, clearly.

You can not have YOUR PERIOD and be pregnant.  You can spot and be pregnant.  You can have bleeding and be pregnant (although the chance of being pregnant for long if you're actively bleeding is low).  However you can not have your period (aka the shedding of your uterine lining) and be pregnant.  

The OP said she started her period, IIRC and it just started off as spotting. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    Smushiee1 said:
    asnyer24 said:

How the heck do you know if she's pregnant or not? Only a test can tell her. Do you have extra speshul ute goggles? Bad "advice." OP, when I first became pregnant, I had bleeding. I thought I had started my period, but the spotting continued. I never bled enough for a tampon, but the spotting contined for a few days. I finally took a test when I kept feeling nauseous and I turned it positive right away. My doctor said that while bleeding during pregnancy is "common" it is not considered normal. Take a test and take @Ghostmonkey 's advice with a pound of salt and some soft pretzels. She doesn't know what she's talking about, clearly.

@Smushiee1- So do you advise everyone who gets their period to take a test because they might be pregnant? I think the logical response to "I got my period" is "You're not pregnant, try again next month" not "Squee! Take a test, you might be pregnant."

OP- take a test if you want.  It's up to you if you want to literally piss away money.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options

Nevermind. It appears you are. Enjoy your IP ban.

Don't flatter yourself @Ghostmonkey. I only noticed that every thread I read had your kind of stoopid in there somewhere.

• Options

Smushiee1 said:

asnyer24 said:

How the heck do you know if she's pregnant or not? Only a test can tell her. Do you have extra speshul ute goggles? Bad "advice."

OP, when I first became pregnant, I had bleeding. I thought I had started my period, but the spotting continued. I never bled enough for a tampon, but the spotting contined for a few days. I finally took a test when I kept feeling nauseous and I turned it positive right away.

My doctor said that while bleeding during pregnancy is "common" it is not considered normal. Take a test and take @Ghostmonkey 's advice with a pound of salt and some soft pretzels. She doesn't know what she's talking about, clearly.

@Smushiee1- So do you advise everyone who gets their period to take a test because they might be pregnant? I think the logical response to "I got my period" is "You're not pregnant, try again next month" not "Squee! Take a test, you might be pregnant."

OP- take a test if you want.  It's up to you if you want to literally piss away money.

@Twinkie0612 you need to check your reading comprehension skills, yo. I never squeed, never once said you could get your period while you're pregnant, and never once told her she could be pregnant. In case you missed it, as you clearly did, I just offered my experience. Only a test can tell her of she's pregnant, no? I had bleeding and was almost positive it was my period, the spotting was that heavy. Bleeding occurs in about 30% of early pregnancies.

And you're right... Yes. Pregnancy test are totes expensive at the dollar store.

...eye roll...

• Options
    @ Twinkie0612 and then you tell the OP to take a test if she wants? Ohmygawd. I should do a clicky poll asking how many women had spotting in first tri. I did, only I didn't know I was even pregnant at the time. It was our first month NTNP, and I definitely noticed other symptoms like the OP.

And I still want to know where the hell in my post that I squeed and blew any rainbows up her butt. Because I clearly didn't and you just have a hard time reading, I'm assuming... Maybe get some help with that?
  • Options
    Smushiee1 said:
    @ Twinkie0612 and then you tell the OP to take a test if she wants? Ohmygawd. I should do a clicky poll asking how many women had spotting in first tri. I did, only I didn't know I was even pregnant at the time. It was our first month NTNP, and I definitely noticed other symptoms like the OP. And I still want to know where the hell in my post that I squeed and blew any rainbows up her butt. Because I clearly didn't and you just have a hard time reading, I'm assuming... Maybe get some help with that?

OP got her period, which is not the same thing as spotting.  I bet if you do a poll of how many people had period like bleeding before their BFP, you won't find many. 

As far as OP's symptoms, they were spotting before her period, nausea, and cramps.  I've had all of those before and have never been pregnant.  Heck I've had cramps and sore boobs for the last few days and I know for with 100% certainty that I am not pregnant.  Those symptoms are from progesterone.

I'll admit you didn't squee (It was added for dramatic flare, thanks to the wine I was drinking), but I stand by my point that advising people who get their periods to take a HPT is dumb advice.  Also even taking a dollar tree test is pissing away money in OP's situation, since last time I checked a dollar is still money.

Also I think it was implied that I thought taking a test was a dumb idea, but people do dumb things all the time. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options

Smushiee1 said:

@ Twinkie0612 and then you tell the OP to take a test if she wants? Ohmygawd. I should do a clicky poll asking how many women had spotting in first tri. I did, only I didn't know I was even pregnant at the time. It was our first month NTNP, and I definitely noticed other symptoms like the OP. And I still want to know where the hell in my post that I squeed and blew any rainbows up her butt. Because I clearly didn't and you just have a hard time reading, I'm assuming... Maybe get some help with that?

OP got her period, which is not the same thing as spotting.  I bet if you do a poll of how many people had period like bleeding before their BFP, you won't find many. 

As far as OP's symptoms, they were spotting before her period, nausea, and cramps.  I've had all of those before and have never been pregnant.  Heck I've had cramps and sore boobs for the last few days and I know for with 100% certainty that I am not pregnant.  Those symptoms are from progesterone.

I'll admit you didn't squee (It was added for dramatic flare, thanks to the wine I was drinking), but I stand by my point that advising people who get their periods to take a HPT is dumb advice.  Also even taking a dollar tree test is pissing away money in OP's situation, since last time I checked a dollar is still money.

Also I think it was implied that I thought taking a test was a dumb idea, but people do dumb things all the time. 

Some people call spotting their "period." I sure did when I wasn't trying for a baby, as I spotted usually for 2 or 3 days before AF really did her thing. I counted the spotting as CD1. I still spotted as though my period was coming on, so I was sure it was. A BFP followed shortly thereafter.

Should everyone take a test when they start their "period"? No. But in my case, the spotting wasn't my period, and that is what I was talking about.

@Twinkie0612 do you normally just add things to what people say, misinterpret words and make weird assumptions just because of wine?!!

Guuuuurl, maybe you should handle your liquor a little better. Or not drink at all if it makes you act like that much of an asshat. Dramatic flare now equals making things up? Oh, okay.

Think I'll have a glass of wine now and go misinterpret things people say on TTGP just for funsies.
  • Options
    Smushiee1 said:
    Think I'll have a glass of wine now and go misinterpret things people say on TTGP just for funsies.
    FTR - this is BOTB not TTGP.

• Options
    @ppmarie33 yes, I know that. I never said THIS board was TTGP. I said I would go on to that board and play in the MUD and see how well it goes over.

But thanks for assuming I don't know where I'm posting. Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Smushiee1 said:

Smushiee1 said:
    Hey guys? The ignore function works. It's pretty sweet.

@Ghostmonkey... Maybe you should try it sometime... And where's the IP ban you promised I'd enjoy? You gonna go run and tattle on me because I don't share all of your opinions? Waaaaah!

Where the F did you come from Smushiee? You seemed to just come out of left field with guns blazing and a deep dislike of Ghost Monkey. Go away.
    To answer your question, I come from the east coast, my guns are blazing, and @Nicb13 @Ghostmonkey GM gave some crap ass advice so, I called her on it. My intro is posted in 1st tri. I'll post here if I like, so get over it. I never said I disliked her; I don't even know her. She flattered herself when she accused me of stalking her, promised me I'd get banned just because I didn't agree with her, and acts like an asshat. It's the interwebz... Not everyone is going to agree, so get your panties out of a bunch and chill.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    I don't want dirty AEs blessing my heart.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"