Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Squeaking with bottle

I also posted this on my BMB but figured I would post here invade anyone else had some insight.

I have been EBF for a month now. I go back to work in 3 weeks; so I have been trying to introduce DD to bottles. When we bottle feed her she makes a awful sounding squeak every time she swallows and milk pours down her chin. I am using tommee tippie anti colic bottles with slow flow nipples. Today I tried a playtex ventair today thinking a different bottle may help, but it was worse.

I am panicking because I need her to take bottles when I go back to work. Any suggestions? Anyone with a similar experience? Do she just need more practice?

Thanks in advance for any help
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Squeaking with bottle

• Options
    Maybe she needs more practice since you've been EBF'ing. I do both BF and FF and LO did the same thing when he first took the bottle. We switched over to the advent slow flow bottles and we haven't had any issues! He seems to do fine with these.

Hope you find a brand that works!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We use Medela bottles I BF and pump when he sleeps longer then usual (like right now....lol). He never squeaked or anything like that, but when we started using the bottles he would have what looked like rivers running down his chin....but now that his mouth and jaw are getting stronger I only see a little bit once in a while. Keep at he will get used to it! GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"