Food Allergy
Options

Dairy free frosting in stores?

Does one exist? I have a few recipes, it none that I love. And it would be sooo much easier just to buy some, since I have two cakes plus cupcakes that I need to make. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dairy free frosting in stores?

• Options
    Check Duncan Hines- some of the frostings (and cake mixes) are dairy free. You have to read labels b/c not all are safe.
    imageimage
  • Options
    We gave Duncan Hines Homestyle vanilla to my niece who is milk protein intolerant, and she did fine with it. She hasn't been tested for a true allergy yet, but she can't tolerate even trace amounts of dairy. The chocolate flavor looked safe, too, and I just checked the website, and the yellow cake mix looks like it's okay.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I will check them out. My son's allergy is severe though, so I hope they don't say "may contain..."
  • Options
    Thanks! I will check them out. My son's allergy is severe though, so I hope they don't say "may contain..."

They don't :)
  • Options
    Pillsbury frostings are mostly dairy free too.  I really like the ones in the can (kind of like cheese wiz) it lasts longer since I usually bake in small batches when I make cupcakes the shelf life is longer.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We ended up getting Pillsbury Funfetti. No chance of cross contamination at all. The dunkin hines had that D symbol next to the kosher symbol so I don't want to chance anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"