Toddlers: 24 Months+

Binkies anyone?

Hi, all...

So I ditched the bottle at 14 months, and my son is already potty trained at 24 months (go freakin me)... BUT I can't seem to get him to ditch the nighttime binky...

Does anyone else have a DS/DD who still uses one?  How did other people get rid of them?  He's such a good sleeper I'm terrified of messing with it...

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...

Re: Binkies anyone?

• DD is 27 months and still uses hers for naps and night time.  Here's the funny thing though, she doesn't use one at daycare at all.  I have a feeling that I could probably take it from her and be all right.  I'm not rushing it at the moment because so far she's done everything in her own time and pretty much on a good time line.  So I don't have any advice for you, just a "yep, still using one here"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lurker... DS is 2 1/2. Still using one here. Stopped the bottle at 1 year. Started to wing off the pacifier then he showed a lot of interest in PT. Decided PT was more important than the pacifier. PT is going great. I'll worry about the pacifier later he only uses it for naps and bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • We just recently ditched ours. DD kept biting through them and I told her I wasn't going to buy anymore. I was more of a wreck after that last one than she was.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• The paci bird (fairy, whatever) came and got DD's. She used hers mainly for naps and nightime too, but also when she was upset, and even sometimes she would go to her bed (only place they were allowed) to suck on it a while. It was almost like the older she got the more 'addicted' she became and figured I needed to nip it in the bud. I won't lie, the first couple weeks were horrible at night, and naps have been pretty much non-existant since we took them. She actually only mentioned it one or two times but the times she would have had them was the times of the major meltdowns, so it had to be related. It's been about 5 weeks now and has gotten a lot better. I wanted to give in so many times but never did, b/c I knew I was only delaying the inevitable. That being said if I had another child I would use it again, that thing was a lifesaver about a million and one times, lol. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine still gets hers at night (she's two and a half). We just moved her to a bed, she's potty trained. I don't see a compelling reason to take it from her now. Her speech is fine, her teeth are fine, and she's happy. 
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Starting around 15 months we only allowed the binky for bedtime and naps.  Then when DD was around 20 months old she got obsessed with the binky again and wanted all the time.

When she turned 2, I was done with that damn thing!   DD understands really well when something is "broken" so we went with that approach.   I cut the ends of off all her binkies. When she got home from daycare and asked for her binky, I told her it was broken and handed her one.  She asked for another, I gave her another broken one.

It freaking worked!  For a couple days she asked for it and we told her the same thing.   Eventually she stopped asking.  She didn't even have issues napping or at bedtime.  We also replaced that "comfort item" with a new stuffed animal.
  • My mom babysat and couldn't find one when DD was.. around 22? months and she went to sleep fine and slept through the night without it and that was the end of that. Cold turkey seems to work well for my kid. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Still using one here at 24m for sleep. Our plan is to stop cold turkey this weekend with a stuffed animal substitute, but I may wimp out.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

• DS will be 2 in less than 2 weeks. He ditched his bottles on his own at around 14 months and has been using the potty consistently during the day for the past 3 months.  He announces that he needs to go (even if in a pull-up or at the store), and will go on his own when we're at home.  We held off on taking the paci away since he is doing so well with the potty and we didn't want him to regress in that department. He only uses it for naps and to fall asleep at night, so we are in no hurry to get rid of it. I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant with our second and I know that once he sees her paci, he won't want to give his up. It's a "pick your battles" type of deal at this point.

• My DS turned 2 in May and still uses a pacifier at night and for naps. I know he wouldn't be able to go to sleep without it and it's be miserable for everyone. I'm really just sorta waiting until he's ready to give it up because I don't feel like its worth the fight when he just uses it to fall asleep.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"