Natural Birth
Options

moving a breech baby?

Does anyone have any suggestions, old wives tales,etc to help flip a breech baby? At my 33 week appointment last Wednesday the midwife revealed baby was breech, so I am now regularly doing the tilt she recommended (hips under pillows) and am seeing a chiropractor. Any othet ideas or words of wisdom? I know it is still somewhat early but I want to give it every shot I can with the hope of a med free delivery.

Re: moving a breech baby?

• Options
    https://spinningbabies.com/ is a great website for helping position baby for delivery. I don't have experience with turning breech babies but have used their other techniques to relieve pain in my hips.
  • Options
    I tried an external version first, which didn't work. As a last ditch effort, I went to the chiropractor for the Webster method and it worked! You can watch a video on you tube, it's very gentle massage, nothing like an adjustment.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    https://spinningbabies.com/ is a great website for helping position baby for delivery. I don't have experience with turning breech babies but have used their other techniques to relieve pain in my hips.
    This site is great.  I started doing some of there exercises around 32 weeks. 
  • Options
    I am hoping to not encounter this! However, I did talk to my midwife about it at my last visit and their practice has people who are trained in manipulating the baby to the correct position from the outside. That might be worth looking into.
  • Options
    Spinning babies website for sure, do those exercises.

Also, find a GOOD (not just any) acupuncturist who is familiar with pregnant patients and how to treat them. They can do acupuncture and moxibustion, which has a super high success rate, something like almost 80%, or turning around a breech baby.

I'm just shy of 37 weeks and my baby is currently head down, but posterior ("sunny side up," facing forward). To encourage him/her to face the other way, I started to see my acupunturist and try the exercises on spinning babies. I'm hoping it'll turn around soon!

Good luck!
  • Options

Make sure the chiropractor you're seeing is using the Webster technique, not just a normal adjustment. They should be focused on the alignment of your pelvis and not as much on your back and neck.

Webster technique, after 2 adjustments 2 days apart, flipped my transverse baby to vertex at 33/34 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #3 Due April 2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"