December 2011 Moms

Fruit Snacks

sportsmommasportsmomma member
edited August 2013 in December 2011 Moms
Do you let LO eat fruit snacks? If so which brand? I'm afraid he'll choke on it, but he loves those 12+ mo teensy fruit things but they are soooo expensive!

ETA: the teensy fruit things are much smaller than a regular fruit snack
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Fruit Snacks

• I was giving DD motts brand fruit snacks back in march but stopped because tooth brushing at our house is a joke.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • -T--T- member
    If he would eat, I would let him eat anything on the planet! In all seriousness, I'd let him eat the cheaper ones with supervision, and the spendy ones without. I'd probably have both kinds on hand all the time. Yup I'm that mom.
  • Loading the player...
  • They are one of his favorite foods! We usually just buy the Market Pantry ones from Target. I don't give them to him all at once if he's playing around, I hold the bag and give them to him one at a time. Otherwise he'd stuff them all in his mouth at once :)
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• My daughter's playground friend got them as a treat, and he was kind enough to share, leading to our current addiction. We usually get the Welch's ones, and she eats probably one whole pack a day (two if we're stuck in airports all day). She's an otherwise good eater - like, she'll choose broccoli over pizza, which makes me think we got the wrong baby in the hospital - and she loooooves her toothbrush, so we don't sweat it. 
  • I've given DS the Annie's brand so I don't feel as guilty but they are pretty expensive, around $3 at target for only 6 bags. I find myself wanting to eat them so I haven't gotten them lately :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I hadn't even thought of the teeth thing, but he's not great at brushing teeth so maybe I should be avoiding altogether. Sounds like the regular brands aren't choking hazards tho if I give them one at a time. :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My daughter has had them, but not often. I do not worry about the size of them. My issue is that they are loaded with sugar and are essentially candy, so I reserve them for occasional treats. I'd rather give her dried fruit or raisins.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I haven't given DS fruit snacks on the advice of our dentist. He says they are worse for teeth than m&m's!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We also do the Market Pantry ones from Target. Brady is really good about getting his teeth brushed so I don't worry about it too much. He doesn't get them often, but, they're a good every once in awhile snack. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I tried, but Alex doesn't like them. I give him chopped dried fruit and he loves that! He also really loves raisins and cranberries, so he gets those as a snack, too. No need for fruit snacks if he prefers the real thing. ;-) 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"