Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Wednesday, we had our confirmed m/c talk

New to this bored -- I was in the March 14 board and loved every bit of it. On July 17th we found out we were having our first baby! We weren't trying and it was actually a HUGE shock but DH was beyond excited. DH told his family but I wanted to wait until I had an ultrasound picture before telling my parents. On August 7th we went for our first ultrasound (8w 6d). The ultrasound tech began and all I saw was an empty sac --I knew something wasn't right. The ultrasound tech just said maybe our days were wrong. We couldn't see anything and the ultrasound tech measures the sac at 5w. I knew something wasn't right. The doctor said she didn't want to assume the worst but I was almost sure something wasn't right because my symptoms were gone.
On Wednesday, we went back for what should have been our almost 11 week appointment. And there is was on the screen, the same small sac we saw two weeks ago. No growth, nothing different than two weeks prior.
I thought I was prepared to hear what she had to say but I wasn't. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT!!!!
Doctor said we could do it naturally, use the pills or d/c but d/c would be hard to do because they also found an ovarian cyst. DH said the safest route so I went with the pills because I can't think about my dead child inside me anymore. (Clearly thats all i can think about)
Wednesday night i did the pills --cramped and bleed heavily for a few hours then nothing. Called doctor yesterday and she gave me round two of pills and nothing..now im not bleeding or anything. Did it happen?? I really wish I knew. Has anyone else used the pills?

I know we are all in a hard place if we are in this board. I pray for all of you.

Re: Wednesday, we had our confirmed m/c talk

• Options

Hello @emilystadther,

I am sorry for your loss and I wish you didn't need to be here, but welcome. I don't think there is anything we can do to prepare ourselves to hear such bad news. I still remember my visit to the ER, hearing the doctor tell us that we probably didn't have a healthy pregnancy, but needed to wait at least 48 hours to confirm. I thought I was prepared to hear the news, good or bad. It hit me like a ton of bricks, and I cried for at least 2 hours straight!

I can't give you any advice regarding the pill, as I opted to have a D&C. I will be thinking of you, and hoping for a quick physical recovery. Of course, the emotional will take some time.

((HUGS))

BFP #1 - 7/24/2013 (EDD: 3/31/2014) - mmc 8/12/13 - D&C 8/15/2013

BFP #2 - 3/6/2014 (EDD 11/14/2014) - Beta #1 (17dpo): 1400 - Beta #2 (19dpo): 3170

PGAL/PAL Welcome | My FF Chart  

• Options
    I am sorry to hear about your loss. Your story is very similar to mine with almost the same exact timings. I opted for d&c because I didn't think I could handle seeing anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Reading your story makes my heart go out to you. I found out I was pregnant on July 15th, right around the same time as you. I'm so sorry this is happening. 
    September Siggy Challenge

Married 10/16/2010  || TTC since 06/13
    BFP July 15, 2013; EDD April 5th, 2014 
    MMC; D&C August 21 || currently TTA

• Options
    I also had the same thing. Went in at 8w and us showed 5w4d. All I could think about was getting it out if me. The dr. told me about the pills which I was planning on taking. She did not prescribe them yet as I needed more testing. I am assuming it was mostly psychological but the next day I started bleeding with everything passing 4 days later. I hope that the meds work for you. T&ps are being sent your way
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"