Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Popular Movies You Hate

Branching off the other movie GTKY: What's a movie that everyone else loves but you hate?

I hated Bridesmaids. BOOM.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: GTKY: Popular Movies You Hate

• Options

I thought Avatar was boring and completely predicable.  I 'm sure there are others but that's the first that popped into my mind.

• Options
    Avatar was the stupiest movie I have ever seen. DD made me watch it, and I thought I wasn't going to live through that 10 hour bore fest.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tealowl said:
    Avatar was the stupiest movie I have ever seen. DD made me watch it, and I thought I wasn't going to live through that 10 hour bore fest.
    DH fell asleep about 10 minutes in.  I envy him.
  • Options
    This one doesn't really count, since most people have now realized how pandering and terrible this movie is, but I really, really disliked Crash when it came out. All of my friends kept talking about sobbing their eyes out to it and I was just like.....none of this was interesting or surprising.

Me & DH: 24 Married: 5/11
    Started TTC: 12/12 Testing Started: 5/14
    Dx: Irregular Ovulation, possible PCOS
    Treatment starting July '14: Letrozole + Trigger + TI
    Surprise natural BFP right before starting meds!!!!!- EDD 3/7/15

• Options
    I'm going with Avatar and Anchorman. DH can't understand why I don't care for Anchorman. I also never understood all the love for Pirates of the Caribbean either. The movies were ok, but nothing spectacular.
  • Options
    Avatar, Pretty in Pink (I KNOW), An Officer and a Gentleman, Casablanca.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Options
    Pitch Perfect. Not funny.
    Yup! I agree with this one!

Rebel Wilson is so overrated
  • Options
    cjchio said:

Branching off the other movie GTKY: What's a movie that everyone else loves but you hate?

I hated Bridesmaids. BOOM.

Me too! I don't feel so alone now.
    Same here!
  • Options
    jcsumm0jcsumm0 member
    edited August 2013
    TeeJ526 said:
    I'm going with Avatar and Anchorman. DH can't understand why I don't care for Anchorman. I also never understood all the love for Pirates of the Caribbean either. The movies were ok, but nothing spectacular.

Stopped watching Anchorman about 20 min in, fell asleep during Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Options
    WinningColorsWinningColors member
    edited August 2013
    I refuse to watch that movie ever again because of the puking scenes. I can't stand watching people vomit, even if I know it's fake.

Edit: In reference to Pitch Perfect. Major quote fail.

• Options
    Love Johnny Depp but can not sit through any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. 
    I was not impressed with all the hype over Magic Mike and I just attempted to watch Lincoln, oh god, snooze.  I don't know if any of those are super popular but they were either recommended or got good reviews.  Oh, and I am with you fellow Avatar haters.  Terrible movie. 

TTC #2 Since October 2012
    BFP 11.1.12/EDD 7.7.13 MMC 12.4.12 D&E 12.10.12
    BFP 3.25.13/EDD 11.29.13 MC 4.6.13
    BFP 8.20.13 early MC 8.24.13
    BFP 9.20.13/EDD 6.5.14 Hoping & Praying this is our Rainbow Baby

• Options
    Every will ferrel movie I've ever seen except Elf and Stranger than Fiction. The latter is actually one of my favorite movies ever.
    Started TTGP July 2013  ~  BFP! 11/21/13  ~   TEAM PINK!!!  

**Josephine Aimee** born 5/21 at 29 weeks 2 days

You should know how great things were before you. Even so, they're better still today.  
    Now I can't think who I was before you ruined everything in the nicest way <3

image  image

imageimageimage

• Options
    I've had to sit thru Pirates a few times w/DD, but I have no idea what's going on. Worst movies ever. All 500 of them. Stop it, Depp!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    @jessa8907 And we were just bonding over Kitten Mittens! NNNOOOOOOO!!! I think it's just me not being a Will Ferrell fan. And I know that's not going to make @Emejay happy with me.
  • Options
    Every will ferrel movie I've ever seen except Elf and Stranger than Fiction. The latter is actually one of my favorite movies ever.
    Gasp! Nooooo

I really disliked Skyfall.
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    jessa8907 said:
    TeeJ526 said:
    -gasp- I'm soooo excited for the new one to come out.
    Have you seen the trailors for it? so stoked!
    TTC Since July 2012
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options

jessa8907 said:
    jessa8907 said:
    TeeJ526 said:
    Yes! I'm so excited I could pee myself. It's just like the best cast ever.

@TeeJ526 Haha, I guess I can let it slide. Although I heart Will Ferrell forever. I also LOVED Talladega Nights.
    @jessa8907 Fair enough! Ironically, I did like Talladega Night and Step Brothers! I think I must be John Reilly fan. Shake and bake!
  • Options
    Any and all of the Harry Potter series. So long.. Sooo boring..
  • Options
    hampire said:
     I also dislike twilight.
    I could not agree more.  I just don't understand all of the fuss, I thought it was awful, I'm not even entirely sure I made it to the end.
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also did anyone else hear that a new Dumb and Dumber is coming out and that Jim
    jaytee16 said:
    hampire said:
     I also dislike twilight.
    I could not agree more.  I just don't understand all of the fuss, I thought it was awful, I'm not even entirely sure I made it to the end.
    Yup I agree also.  I got as far as the part where he "glows" then turned it off.
    TTC Since July 2012
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    Meet the Parents. I have tried many times, it's just not funny.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    hampire said:
    Dh would kick my ass for this but... the goonies. I didn't see it until I was an adult and thought it was dumb. I also dislike twilight.
    Ohh... I'm with you on Twilight.
  • Options
    Any of the Scary Movies and any of the Paranormal Activities. As well as any Will Farrell movie. I'm sure there's more, though.
    imageFertility Friend Chart

TTC #1 since 10/12
    7/13 : DX Possible PCOS
    ---ultrasound shows clear left ovary, "polycystic appearance" on right
    ---TSH and prolactin levels : Good
    10/9/13
    : RE appointment scheduled

Anniversary
  • Options
    Anchorman... Hated it. Ted... Not nearly as funny as I expected. And, although Channing Tatum is a hottie... I thought Magic Mike sucked.
    UntitledUntitled
  • Options
    jessa8907 said:
    TeeJ526 said:

jessa8907 said:
    jessa8907 said:
    TeeJ526 said:
    Yes! I'm so excited I could pee myself. It's just like the best cast ever.

@TeeJ526 Haha, I guess I can let it slide. Although I heart Will Ferrell forever. I also LOVED Talladega Nights.
    @jessa8907 Fair enough! Ironically, I did like Talladega Night and Step Brothers! I think I must be John Reilly fan. Shake and bake!
    @TeeJ526 This makes up for not liking Anchorman. John C. Reilly is hilarious, have you seen Walk Hard?
    @jessa8907 I love that movie! It's so ridiculous that I couldn't stop laughing! 
  • Options
    I hate hate hate Adam Sandler and cannot stand him.
  • Options
    EmeJay said:
    ILY
  • Options

Joy2611 said:
    Do any of you have actors that you originally saw in one movie be cruel/mean and then have a hard time seeing them as anything but that?

Like, Carol Burnett.  Eternally evil in my head because I watched her be so in Annie as a kid.  It wasn't until I was about twenty that I realized she's a comedienne.

John C. Reilly.  Evil because I first saw him in "The River Wild" with Kevin Bacon and Meryl Streep.  Now he's in these funny movies and I'm like "No, no."

This could just be me. 
    Absolutely. Right now I am struggling with the fact that the chick who plays Pennsatucky on Orange is the New Black is supposed to be a likable character in Sons of Anarchy. 

But all I see when I look at her is horrifying teeth and that shower scene.
    Me & DH: 24 Married: 5/11
    Started TTC: 12/12 Testing Started: 5/14
    Dx: Irregular Ovulation, possible PCOS
    Treatment starting July '14: Letrozole + Trigger + TI
    Surprise natural BFP right before starting meds!!!!!- EDD 3/7/15

• Options

I also hated Despicable Me. I didn't see Despicable Me 2 but I assume I'd hate that too. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You took the words right out of my mouth @MeggoWaffles!  I cannot stand Will Ferrel movies!  The only one I like is Elf! Other than that I think they are the dumbest movies ever and cannot stand watching them. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options

Ditto. Except I don't even like Elf. And I've never seen the other one you mentioned.

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Options
    Pretty Woman, Wizard of Oz, the Sound of Music, LOTR, Star Wars, all three Shreks.  I'm sure there are more. I'm more of a TV gal.
    Married since April 2011-Homeowners since January 2012-TTC since June 2012
    Welcomed DS June 2014
  • Options
    A Christmas story , it just seemed SO stupid!
  • Options
    A Christmas story , it just seemed SO stupid!
    This movie is the best!!  I watch it at least once at Christmas every year!  
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also dislike A Christmas story!

View Full Size Image      image
  • Options

EmeJay said:

I was going to post this same thing. 

I hated "Old School."  I had a bunch of people tell me it was hilarious, it was horrible.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"