Baby Showers
Options

Invite Suggestions & Verbiage Ideas

Hey everyone -

What are your favorite *and affordable* places to get unique baby shower invites? I have looked on Etsy, but find it's $20-$25 just for the design. Then you need to go have them printed! I'm trying to avoid that since my shower will likely only be an invite list of around 15-20.

Also, any cute poems or verbiage ideas on how to let people know I am traveling by plane and to have items shipped to my home, bring a card with photo of the item, or keep items given in person small? 

Thanks!

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014

Re: Invite Suggestions & Verbiage Ideas

• Options
    Why is this board always so nasty and snarky?

Are you all not realizing that ordering items online from Target and Amazon (where I will be registered) most often provides shipping for FREE?!?!? Nobody will be taking anything to the post office to ship them to me, I would never dream of that. Geezus.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options
    That's funny, because when I asked previously how people handled out of town baby showers, having them shipped for free through websites they ordered from and direct to me was not an issue.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No one was rude. If you know you won't like the answers, don't ask the question. Since it sounds like you are familiar with this board, you should know what type of response you are going to get. Leave it up to your host. And people aren't that stupid, if they know you're flying they will plan accordingly.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, I would leave the invites up to your hosts and there is really no way to word what you want in a nice way. People will either figure it out, or you can have it all shipped home before you leave. 
  • Options
    Darbie914 said:
    Really, OP?  

People gave you their opinions on verbiage: none because there aren't any words to use that would take away from the rude request that you desire.  Geez, you must be like, super sensitive if you think this thread was 'nasty and snarky'.  
    She forgot to say, "I feel sorry for their kids!"
  • Options
    MGPMGP member
    I will answer your questions nicely but also have a question for you:

Why are you asking about invites?  That's up to your host.  If you are hosting your own shower - that's a completely different conversation that will not end well on this board.

If you are simply asking on your host's behalf - no problemo!  I absolutely love TinyPrints.com, if that's out of your budget try VistaPrint.com have heard good things about them.

For your gift requests - there is no proper way to communicate your preferences.  I understand that it may make things easier for you, but asking/directing people how/how much/where to buy GIFTS for you is always considered rude.  Take note I did not say YOU were rude, but doing so is rude.  So please don't do it.

You said there is going to be 20 people tops at the shower?  Most will have the common sense to not give you a big box item.  It's not like you are going to get 20 high chairs.  Take an extra suitcase, stuff as much as you can in there, ship what's left, and hope that people know sending your gift directly to your home is the most convenient thing for you.

Bottom line is - if you feel you have to ask for something in a "cutesy" way or a poem - it's probably a really, really bad idea.
  • Options
    I had a shower out of town. The guests knew I was flying in so they gave me small things I brought back on the plane with me. The few items that were too big I returned to BRU and bought when I got home.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a shower out of town. The guests knew I was flying in so they gave me small things I brought back on the plane with me. The few items that were too big I returned to BRU and bought when I got home.
    Thanks KK. I heard this from a few people previously when I asked about out of town showers and will probably just do that if needed. I already planned on bringing an empty suitcase to carry any small stuff/stuff that would fit back :)

• Options
    Well, assuming that your guests are not total strangers to you, they know you don't live there.  Assuming that your guests aren't completely illogical, they will know you have to travel back hom.  Assuming that your guests aren't totally rude, they won't burden you with this task and will likely either get you gift cards, small items, or ship them straight to you on their own, completely without a poem telling them to.  

Now, if you're inviting a bunch of uneducated and rude strangers, I'd let your hostess come up with a way to word it.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    BallSox said:
    Well, assuming that your guests are not total strangers to you, they know you don't live there.  Assuming that your guests aren't completely illogical, they will know you have to travel back hom.  Assuming that your guests aren't totally rude, they won't burden you with this task and will likely either get you gift cards, small items, or ship them straight to you on their own, completely without a poem telling them to.  

Now, if you're inviting a bunch of uneducated and rude strangers, I'd let your hostess come up with a way to word it.  

This.

• Options
    I recently went to a wedding shower where all the guests knew the bride and groom well enough to know they were visiting from out of town. So every one did a gift card, small item, or pic of a gift already in the mail. All figured it out without any instruction in the invitation! It'll be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What a hormonal psycho. Who goes tattling about the NON bullying they received?! Is this real life?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"