Special Needs
Options

Another Preschool Transportation Issue

DD's IEP shows that she gets transportation, the team even said aloud in the meeting that she would be bussed to and from school.

The problem? DD is in a 90 minute preK speech and language class twice a week, I hadn't heard from the SLP regarding days or times so I've been calling this week (school starts next week) to get her schedule. I asked the school SN program secretary about busing since I don't know how it works and she said kiddos in the program DD is in don't get bussed, busing is for kiddos in 3 hour classes like the AS class and that they must have made a mistake on the IEP.

I got ahold of the dist SN coordinator and she also said that she doesn't have any other kids bussed in this program but that she will look into it and get an answer for me.

Do I keep pushing the issue or accept that a mistake may have been made during the IEP meeting?

Re: Another Preschool Transportation Issue

• Options
    Thanks Auntie! I don't want to be THAT mom so I'm trying not to rock the boat when it's not necessary.

I've been advised to transport DD until the bus situation is figured out (whether they will transport her or if it's my responsibility).
  • Options
    It is great that we have this forum where we can get info from other group members. IME I have found that a lot of these "professionals" who are supposed to be knowledgeable and be there to assist us are sometimes just as clueless or they realize that we are clueless so they tell us what they feel like and oftentimes we are led down the wrong path. Thank God for this group, I may not post a lot but I do visit @ least once a day and I have always been able to get answers for my questions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just wanted to let you know if you haven't got your transportation issue taken care of that our rural distract has paid up to transport our own children in the past.  We did need extra insurance on our car and had to file vendor reports and a lot of paperwork but we did get paid.  Maybe its an option for you to help cover your time and gas expense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"