June 2012 Moms

That time of the week again, Ladies

Re: That time of the week again, Ladies

• edited August 2013

Getting ready for flames: I didnt get the big deal about Dr. Phil's tweet. He said drunk, not passed out on Jimmy's bathroom floor. I think you can give conscious consent when you have been drinking. I will clarify that Im talking about fun drunk, not ridiculous drunk. I think to tell a man he is not allowed to have sex with a woman who is liquored up and rearin' to go is doing the opposite of what rape awareness is supposed to do, which is to put a woman in charge of her own sexlife. Alcohol makes sex fun.

Obligatory bump covering of my ass: No, Im not talking about rape, and this is a fine line when alcohol is involved. Im talking about a man taking away my right/privilege/whatever to sleep with him because HES decided Ive had to much to drink and will call the rape on him. That would absolutely infuriate me.

• FFFC: For probably the last 8 or 9 months, I've been drinking way more frequently than I use to. Seriously, I have two beers most nights after she goes down. I don't think two beers a night is bad, but I don't like that it's become so routine. Same with coffee. I use to MAYBE have one or two cups a week, and I never made it at home. My Keurig has been workig on OT these days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I also have no idea what doctor Phil tweet your talking about-
    My FFFC is I really miss being pregnant.. I hated it while I was pregnant, but I really miss that exciting time and all the wonderful attention. I love my baby girl and I also don't think I would miss the newborn phase (even though I truly think I would NAIL it next time). We can't afford another one an we really have a good thing going with just her... But I still miss all the feelings of having a baby in me :)
  • Today was the very first time in DS's 14 months that I left him in the care of someone other than family, my best friend, or medical personnel. I let him go to the church nursery while I went to a 1.5 hour Bible study. He was supervised by 2 adults, and there was only one other child. He was crying when I picked him up, and they said he cried while I was gone (not the whole time). Now I feel so conflicted about whether to continue the group. I know that it's truly NBD in the grand scheme of things, but for me, it is a huge hairy deal with 8 creepy legs and googly eyeballs.

• My daughter has never once cried when I have left her in the care of somebody else. She's only been babysat a grand total of maybe ten times. I feel like a bad mom. She just doesn't care. Of course, if I go into the bathroom and close the door, she acts like I'm abandoning her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter has never once cried when I have left her in the care of somebody else. She's only been babysat a grand total of maybe ten times. I feel like a bad mom. She just doesn't care. Of course, if I go into the bathroom and close the door, she acts like I'm abandoning her.
    Oh I feel awful. He cries when we leave the babysitter but he also cries when I leave. He just doesnt do goodbyes 
  • Here's another for ya

I dont feel like I stimulate LO enough. I always think he would be more advanced if I spent more time with him.
  • @thatoneredhead I feel like this, too! Sometimes it is like trying to teach a mosquito...he just buzzes around and doesn't pay me that much attention until he wants to bite me! I am going to try to make a more conscious effort to engage him in more together-time next week, even if it's just singing to my old classroom CDs while he buzzes around me.

• I feel the same way. Most of the time (especially M-F) I feel so burnt out and like I'm not actively engaging him enough. 

I have a truly flameworthy FFFC. My employer is doing massive layoffs and there is this little voice in the back of my head telling me it wouldn't be so bad if I was let go. I only had 6 weeks of maternity leave and have desperately wanted to be a SAHM since he was born. The logical side of my brain knows that it would be awful but I just miss the crap out of my kid 5 days of the week. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I KNOW I was ovulating on Thursday and I forgot to tell DH. We have used family planning methods for 5 years and only had DS when we were trying. I was on top and DH wasn't able to pull out well. I'm ashamed that I went and bought a Plan B pill. We always said that if it happens its supposed to but neither of us feel ready. I'm aware the effectiveness decreases right before and during ovulation so I'm also ashamed that if I do get pregnant that I may have hurt the baby somehow by taking it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"