Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Waking up baby to feed

So my little man will be 3 weeks old on Saturday. So I always heard to wake baby up every 2-3 hours during the day to feed. I am EP and FF to supplement when needed. So I wake him, change diaper, feed him, burp him etc...then by the time he is ready an falls back asleep it's time to do it all over again in 30-40 minutes....so my question is do I really need to be waking him so often to feed? At what point are you supposed to stop waking him and just feed on demand when he wants it??? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Waking up baby to feed

• For me I had to wake little man to feed him. He didn't even get up to his birth weight until week 4 b/c I was letting him sleep too much. I think as long as he is gaining in his range then he is probably fine. But I would always ask your pedi. My LO is 11 weeks and almost double his birth weight now. I have been feeding on demand for about 5 weeks now.
  • Once they're back at birth weight, you don't need to wake them during the night. But don't let them go past 6 hrs.

• Loading the player...
  • Doc will advise you at your next appointment after they weigh the baby. We were told only wake to feed him if he's slept more than 4 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"