High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Need travel advice ASAP! Please

My DH grandma is in the hospital 2-3 hours away and we were told to come say our good-byes. I can't get ahold of my dr and we need to leave ASAP. Can anyone give me advice on making the car trip? I am on MBR, 1cm dilated, 90% effaced and will be 26w on Saturday. I have been cleared to attend milestone events as long as I won't be standing at all.

TIA:)

Re: Need travel advice ASAP! Please

• Options
    Yikes. I think I would send DH and not go myself. I'm on SBR though so that may be a difference.
  • Options

Im really sorry about your gradma :(
    but I too would not make a 3 hour trip

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would definitely say don't go anywhere you don't want to give birth... So big difference between say, Chicago, and some tiny town that may or may not have a level III NICU (which you'd need at 26 weeks)
  • Options
    I would definitely not go anywhere.  That is a whole lot of effacement and a very very long car ride.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would not go. A car ride is very jostling. I am sorry to hear about DH's grandma, but I think you should stay home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't. My son was born at 25 weeks when we were 7 hours from home visiting family and it was a special kind of hell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would probably not go that far in a car if you're 90% effaced and only 26 weeks.  If something happened, your baby may end up in a NICU very far from home.  I'd probably just send DH.  I'm sure family will understand.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So I made the trip...I got a hold of my Dr. at the last minute and given my specifics and her experience she gave me a few tips and sent me on my way. I had a appt with her today and she requested that I do not make any more trips that far but everything was looking good and holding steady. Her big reason for being lienent with me is that they are thinking this is just how my body is and there may not be any cause for concern as nothing is bulging and babies are still way up as of my last check.

Thank you all for your advice even though I didn't take it. I will definitely be staying within a 30 min ride to my hospital for my remaining time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"