C-sections

Hoping some of you can relate...

Hi ladies,
I have posted on this board before, but not in a LONG time!! LO was born in December. I'll keep this part brief - water broke and went into labor on my own, labored at home for about 6 hours, got to the hospital and was at a 6 by then, and labor slowed down significantly. Fast forward about 14 hours - due to baby's head size, the fact that it had almost been 24 hrs since water broke, and misc other factors (baby's hb was all over the place, I had a 102 fever), dr decided c/s was the safe way to go. I have done my best to make peace w/that and I do well for the most part. I mean, I am thriled w/baby being safe and healthy, and all things considered, recovery went ok.

Anyway, we have some friends who were having a baby and we are dog sitting while they are in the hospital. They called last night and said they were going in this morning @ 7 to be induced, and asked if we could pick up their dog. Well, apparently, she went into labor on her own last night and had the baby at 5 this morning. DH got the text around noon today saying the baby had arrived. DH texted back and asked how much he weighed. The new dad texted back "6 lbs 6 oz". Then in a separate text sent this: "With no induction, no meds, all natural". I know I'm being silly and sensitive, but it rubbed me the wrong way. Not because she had a natural birth, or because they wanted to share that. But, mainly because they went out of their way to add it. Feel free to tell me to chill out :).

Hope you ladies are having a fabulous day!

photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Hoping some of you can relate...

• I think there just proud that they where able to Achieve that.... Maybe that's what they wanted all along
  • I never post but i can relate. I had a csection three years ago with first dd and now will have a rcs. Honestly I was a little jealous of those who can naturally give birth. I started to get over it when someone mentioned to me that no matter how u give birth, u get the same result. Plus they don't give out rewards for pushing out babies. Lol so I guess it's normal to feel like that. but seriously what does she want, a cookie.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can relate too. A lot of my friends think C section is the easy way out. I think it is harder, since it is a major surgery. Try to focus on your baby boy and forget this people. 

Best of luck and it does suck 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ltdj2 said:
    I never post but i can relate. I had a csection three years ago with first dd and now will have a rcs. Honestly I was a little jealous of those who can naturally give birth. I started to get over it when someone mentioned to me that no matter how u give birth, u get the same result. Plus they don't give out rewards for pushing out babies. Lol so I guess it's normal to feel like that. but seriously what does she want, a cookie.
    Hahaha I know, right? Just like you (and the other posters said), the end result is the same, and I couldn't be happier about my beautiful baby boy. I used to work w/a lady that forever talked about her 11 lb baby, natural birth, no meds. Good grief, he's like 25 now and she still talks about it!! So, yeah, there are lots of them out there. Meh, no big deal. 
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Sounds to me like he was a new dad that was amazed at what his wife just did. Having a csection doesn't mean you are weak and certainly isn't the easy way out. Besides you labored for 20 hours and had a csection!

You should just focus on being happy for your friends.

• meh. It's not a contest! 

i had a high-risk PG. I didn't tell people (only DH knows) how much work it was just to get LO healthy full-term. That was *way* more work that the birth/c-section/recovery. WAY more work. 

every day I am thankful that my LO is here and healthy. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • cinderin said:
    meh. It's not a contest! 

i had a high-risk PG. I didn't tell people (only DH knows) how much work it was just to get LO healthy full-term. That was *way* more work that the birth/c-section/recovery. WAY more work. 

every day I am thankful that my LO is here and healthy. 
    Exactly :), ITA
  • I think it was out of excitement, not judgement. That's how I'd take it. Let them have their moment without taking it personal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mother and her friends must have said a thousand times how no one they knew had a c section when they were having kids (my sister and I both had them). It's annoying but sounds like the guy was more surprised that things went easy for them and was probably not intentionally trying to be hurtful. Plus, he is a man it is very possible he has no idea what went on during your delivery.
  • He was probably just very excited. I doubt he even remembered you had a C-section when he sent the text.  Men don't see the big picture, especially after seeing their child being born.

My H rambled on about our twins to my cousin who is suffering through infertility issues.  Was it insensitive?  Yes.  Did he mean to be?  Not at all.  He was just excited.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know how you feel.  My husband's, coworkers, wife recently gave birth.  Apparently she is the most amazing person to ever give birth.  She was a real trooper, no drugs, immediately got up and showered, left the hospital the next day (with a slightly preterm baby), was at the salon getting a pedicure the day after that.  I didn't have to hear about it once, I keep having to hear about it from my husband's various coworkers and their wives.  Everyone seems to want to share this woman's birth experience.  I haven't seen her and her husband yet so I'm sure I'll have to hear it again if/when I see them.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"