Postpartum Depression
Options

So worried

I have been struggling with anxiety/depression since i was 16 years old.  Im 23 going on 24 now and have been seeing a counselor for most of this time period.  not always the same one though.  
I am set to induce on wednesday and i am so worried that i wont be able to care for my child.  
I fear so much especially after having dreams of throwing my kid down the stairwell into the basement and just walking away.  or there are days when i just sit in my recliner staring into space not responding to anything.  

I will keep my appointments with my counselor of course, but i really just needed to share this more than anything i guess.  

Re: So worried

• Options
    Oh my gosh, I definitely know how this feels. I've had bouts with depression/anxiety since I was 12 and my most recent was last year and lasted for months on end before I found my way out of it. Any time during my pregnancy that I was having a hard time dealing with symptoms I'd lose it for a while and just cry every day but I was hoping that it was hormones that were just making me overly emotional. Now that LO will come any day I am constantly scared that I won't be able to handle it. Whenever I express this fear to DH, he just says I'll be fine and that I can do it, he won't let me fail. For some reason, this doesn't give me a lot of confidence. I feel like, despite that fact that he knows I have a history with anxiety and depression, he will refuse to see if I have PPD.

I mean, it's all really worry at this point so I'm staying positive. I feel great atm. But believe me, I'm here with you on the concern. It's good that you're seeing a counselor. Just don't get down on yourself already. I've had dreams my baby was a monster that ripped its way out of me. Don't be too scared of your dreams, tons of people have vivid and terrifying dreams in pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"