TTC After a Loss
Options

How do you remember your Angel baby?

So obviously I never "forget" my angel baby... I think about him/her every day.  I am trying to think of something to do in my life in remembrance of my loss. 
I don't want a tattoo... What have some of you ladies done?  Jewelry piece? Plant a tree? etc...  I don't know if my Dh will understand my need for doing this but I feel like maybe it will help my healing process.  thoughts? suggestions?
***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: How do you remember your Angel baby?

• Options
    I planted a tree. Many other people do a special piece of jewelry. It is a very personal decision and I think you just have to find something that feel right for you.
    Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

• Options

I got a necklace with charms. Addison's birthstone, A pendant that has an A, an angel wing and a heart. I do plan on getting a tattoo of her footprints.

Mostly, I just talk about her. Basically to anyone who will listen. I don't let her memory of existing to bring me sadness. I'm sad I lost her of course but happy she existed in the first place. I've also got many pictures that are going to go into a scrapbook as well as a shadow box that I have yet to finish. There are special items from the hospital that will go inside. A tiny crocheted blanked she was wrapped in, the dove wreath that hung on my door, her foot prints and a picture and possibly her memorial certificate.

Many people plant a tree or flower, do balloon/ butterfly releases, write to their lost LO, raise money in their name and so on.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would like a piece of jewelry. When we are done having children, I want to get a mother's ring with their birthstones. I'm considering also getting the stones for my angel children. We'll see if DH goes along with it, though. As of now only one is an expensive gemstone. ;)

Etsy has some nice memorial jewelry. 

I also want to make donations to a cause in their memory. If I am honest I haven't yet because we are really pinching pennies lately. But when things aren't so tight I am going to do a yearly donation. I just haven't decided where yet (or maybe I will do a different one each year).
  • Options
    I have a necklace, I like having something to touch when I'm thinking of or missing my baby.

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    SandSunBlissSandSunBliss member
    edited August 2013

I have a ring with two rubies in it (for my two July sweeties).  I also had a Carly Marie picture made which is my desktop at work :) (https://theseashoreofremembrance.blogspot.com.au/). I also have two necklaces that were gifts that I wear pretty often. 

My favorite thing is our memory box with all of the ultrasound pictures, pictures we took related to the pregnancy, cards that people sent us, my hospital bracelets, letters DH and I wrote to the babies during our grief counseling, etc.  Anything that reminds me of our sweet ones and gives me a warm fuzzy goes in the box.  It also holds a book that I read to angels sometimes when I am really missing them.  It is the Velveteen Rabbit (which some of you may remember from the July siggy challenge). It was the first and last Christmas gift my Dad gave to them.

ETA: My DH understands why I need these things, but he only really needs the memory box.  I've caught him in it a couple of times...  I think he will enjoy the sunset picture once we get it on canvas, but obviously the jewelry is not for him :)

Also ETA: PIP (I couldn't resist) (I've shared this before here, so please excuse me if you have seen it!)

angel and aubrey photo angelandaubrey_zps4c47a979.jpg

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Options
    I planted a rose bush for my first angel.  My second is more recent, so I haven't done anything special for that one yet.  I'll plant something next year when it feels right <3

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• Options
    I have a ring I wear on my pinky from James Avery that isn't "technically" a memorial ring, but it is to me. It has a heart with a flower on either side. I told DH I want to get one a couple months ago, but I don't think he understood why I needed it. I originally wanted him to go with me to pick one out, but finally did it on my own b/c he wasn't outwardly supportive of it plus it was something I needed for my heart.

It's a very personal choice, and you should find something that has special meaning to you.
  • Options
    I do lots of things. We did a balloon release at her funeral, and plan to do it again at her birthday. I have a tattoo (butterfly and stars), I've ordered a Molly bear (weighted teddy bears), we have a little memorial area in our house with candles and things that remind us of her. I ordered a memorial necklace for me and a keychain for H. I think/talk about her every day, I did a cross stitch for her, I'm participating in a Remembrance Walk in October through my support group. I want to plant a tree, or a rose bush one day when we own a house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    princezjk said:
    I have a necklace that says "Izzie - Always in my heart" and a mother/daughter bracelet.  Izzie was buried with a matching one.  Like Poppy715, I plan to get a tattoo with either her footprints or hand print.  I have a memory box with all of the ultrasound photos and photos of her from the hospital, I haven't decided if I am going to do anything else with them yet.  I also have a lock of her hair.  I am thinking about getting a locket to put that in.  I also have a Molly Bear and a stuffed hippo that Izzie's Aunt had made for her.  @SandSunBliss - I love your sunset photo and think it will make a gorgeous canvas.  

Just today I was at the store and they asked if I wanted to donate $1 to Juvenile Diabetes research.  I typically do the $1 donation at checkout, so I did.  Then they hand me a little cutout and tell me to write down a name.  Without even thinking I wrote Izzie.  I know this is something I will always do.  She was the best thing to ever happen to me and anything I do that is remotely good is for her.    
    Love the bracelet idea, wish I had thought of that! I also donate to the March of Dimes. I have a sunset photo, and two butterflies by Carlymarie. If you had an early loss you can just get hearts or "angel baby" instead of a name. I just participated in Carlymarie's project heal, and made a prayer flag for Aug. 19th day of hope. That was really nice to spend time thinking of her and making something.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    I love these ideas! I was thinking of a tattoo but OP said no to tattoos so I'm no help, sorry. I thought the bench was very unique and not an idea I have heard before. But they're all great ways to remember your angel baby.

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • Options
    I have a willow tree figurine that is an angel for my first loss that a dear friend sent to me. I don't have anything for the 2 recent losses...but I am pondering getting a tattoo. I haven't figured out exactly what, something small but obviously meaningful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    I wear a pair of dove earrings when I am thinking of my lost LO or want to feel my LO near.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
    Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
        HSG = All Clear
    BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
    BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
    May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
    05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
    June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
    May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
    08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
    Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
    Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

• Options
    We framed the ultrasound pics. :) 
  • Options
    ky29ky29 member
    I got a necklace, it's 2 small hearts inside one heart that states "I'll carry your hearts in my heart forever". I love it.

TTC since March 2012
    DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: Natural cycle w/ HSG test = BFP
    Identical twins! 
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 14-16: Natural Cycles = BFN
    Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
    Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
    Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
    Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
    IUI cancelled due to weather
    Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
    Cycle 24 - 26: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs = BFN
    Cycle 27: Follistim + IUI#4 = BFFN
    Natural Cycles until IVF
    Cycle 30: IVF#1 - Starting with Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix
    17 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 5dt w/ 2 blasts, 5 frosties

Betas:  #1-156(9dp5dt), #2-1200(13dp5) #3-6112(17dp5)
    Ultrasound #1 10/6: 1 bean!
    TEAM BLUE!

My Chart
    ~~ALL WELCOME~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have a beautiful lavender rose bush. We have angel figurine in the middle of it...

Me (40) DH (45); Started dating 2-24-12, Married 5-13-13

BFP 3-16-13..EDD 11-17-13.. MMC 4-16-13 Confirmed/D&C 4-23-13...
    BFP #4 6-22-14 EDD 3-6-15 FX for our LO

• Options
    wow thank you so much for sharing ladies.  Those are all beautiful ideas and I had tears streaming down my face when I read them all.  The love for your angel babies just poured through.  I plan on bringing the idea up to DH this weekend and seeing if he wants to do something together or if it is something I will do on my own.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    DCWJesDCWJes member
    edited August 2013
    I have a necklace. My friend bought it for me a few days after my 2nd loss. She happened to be there when I found out.

We plan on planting a rosebush in their honor, probably won't be until we get a house though.

We also have a pink bear dressed like an angel for the first loss. And dh painted an angel baby for our second.
    I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • Options
    I had an early loss but I have a little box that I put our positive pregnancy tests in along with a couple cards we got and a little angel pendant a coworker gave me. I also have a necklace that hubby got me with 3 hearts! I wear it all the time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"