Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baby Gate Suggestions

My daughter is extremely active and strong.  We are moving into a new house in a month and this house has stairs unlike our apartment.  I wanted to get a really safe baby gate to put at the top of the steps that she absolutely cannot push down.  I'm thinking that I want a door on it so I can get through it without stepping over it cause I can see me falling down the steps trying to get over it.  Any suggestions?  I was even considering getting one that screws into the wall, but I'm not really seeing any one amazon.

Thanks!

Re: Baby Gate Suggestions

• No specific gate recommendations but it's my understanding that you must use the kind that screw into the wall for the top of stairs. Pressure mounted ones aren't safe there. When looking on Amazon the product name usually includes "top of stairs". I haven't bought one yet either.
  • We have the Kidco Safeway Gate at the top of our stairs and are really happy with it. It's about $45 on amazon.
  • Loading the player...
  • lizshort96lizshort96 member
    edited August 2013
    Do you have columns/bannister to mount to or just solid walls? I have this one at the top of my steps as it just straps on to the banisters https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10963379 I purchased this one for my parents house as it is also removable from the mounting brackets when necessary then just slides right back on. https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265784

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We had one made to match our oak staircases as we have two sets of stairs that go down. They are screwed in and then have a clasp at the top to lock it. They look great and dont really stck out as even being there. I imagine you could ake one yourself if you're handy at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One side is a wall and the other side is a medal banister. 

• anw39 said:
    We have summer infant stylish and secure that mounts into wall. We don't have stairs but a large opening. Got it off amazon
    We have this same one, at the top of the stairs to our basement. It's pretty easy to install, it fits up to a 48" space (we needed 42") and easy to open and close. So far DS hasn't really messed with it but it's not going anywhere! And it looks really nice. I just bought it off of amazon, it was on sale for $56.24, free shipping for Amazon Prime members.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"