Alabama Babies
Options

Don't buy a breast pump! Read this!

Just wanted to let everyone know, before you buy a breast pump CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY! Under the Affordable Care Act, breast pumps are now covered by insurance companies. I called mine today and they told me I could get a free Ameda double electric pump, or a manual pump--AND accessories (such as freezer bags/storage containers, plus any additional freezer bags I could re-order every 90 days, around a $300 value). Needless to say, I ordered mine ASAP  So before laying out all that money or putting it on your registry, give your insurance company a call and see what they'll offer you. I'm letting everyone know because none of my pregnant friends knew, and I only just learned of this last week. The savings is a big help in the time of a new baby.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Don't buy a breast pump! Read this!

• Options
    Thank you so much for the heads up! I'll be calling my insurance company ASAP!
  • Options
    Does that include Medicaid?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! I never heard of this :)
  • Options
    No problem. Be aware some insurance companies were "grandfathered in", and I believe Medicaid & Tricare may fall under different regulations--although I know that in some states Medicaid covers breast pumps already, not sure if that is true in all states. Best thing to do is call :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    greenmama2013 Few questions for you: what insurance do you have? I have BCBS and am hoping they will cover it. Did you have to get a prescription for it from your OB? Did they mail it to you or did you have to go get it from a medical supply center? At what point in your pregnancy did you order it? And did you just call customer service to ask about it?

Thanks!!!
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"