Don't buy a breast pump! Read this! — The Bump
Arkansas Babies

Don't buy a breast pump! Read this!

Just wanted to let everyone know, before you buy a breast pump CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY! Under the Affordable Care Act, breast pumps are now covered by insurance companies. I called mine today and they told me I could get a free Ameda double electric pump, or a manual pump--AND accessories (such as freezer bags/storage containers, plus any additional freezer bags I could re-order every 90 days, around a $300 value). Needless to say, I ordered mine ASAP  So before laying out all that money or putting it on your registry, give your insurance company a call and see what they'll offer you. I'm letting everyone know because none of my pregnant friends knew, and I only just learned of this last week. The savings is a big help in the time of a new baby.
Pregnancy Ticker
jdzhall

Re: Don't buy a breast pump! Read this!

• Thanks for the heads up :)

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

• I will definately be calling my insurance company, but this may not apply to everyone yet.  I know there are some rules that group insurance through employers dont have to meet until 2015 compared to those with stand alone policies.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• I was able to get a Lansinoh pump with my insurance company. I went thru three pumps in less than a month. I finally got sick of receiving faulty pumps so I went out and bought an Ameda pump. Which has worked wonderfully. I would not recommend the Lansinoh!

• I sent a request to my dr through EdgePark but I haven't heard anything back and i did it like a couple weeks ago.... they said they were goin to get ahold of my doctor... im wornderin if i should call them