Oklahoma Babies

Don't buy a breast pump! Read this!

Just wanted to let everyone know, before you buy a breast pump CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY! Under the Affordable Care Act, breast pumps are now covered by insurance companies. I called mine today and they told me I could get a free Ameda double electric pump, or a manual pump--AND accessories (such as freezer bags/storage containers, plus any additional freezer bags I could re-order every 90 days, around a $300 value). Needless to say, I ordered mine ASAP  So before laying out all that money or putting it on your registry, give your insurance company a call and see what they'll offer you. I'm letting everyone know because none of my pregnant friends knew, and I only just learned of this last week. The savings is a big help in the time of a new baby.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Don't buy a breast pump! Read this!

• I also did this! The receipt said my medela double electric pump was a $400 pump and i didn't have to pay a dime out of pocket!
  • My insurance required us to go through a medical supply place as well. I called every single one that was listed on the insurance site and none of them had breast pumps. We called the insurance and asked if it would be covered if we bought one and sent in the receipt. They said it would have to go to the claim process and only part of it would be covered. They didnt cover any of it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call them and argue, I know many people who have done that and won. In fact, when I had my baby two years ago, I had followed all the typical procedures, ensuring everyone was "in network". Well, I went into labor and had an epidural--turned out the anesthesiologist was NOT in network. My insurance company sent me a bill for $2000. I called up and argued with them for a bit, and I won--didn't have to pay a dime. I have also heard of simply going to your pediatrician and having them write a note for you saying you are having latching issues. They will usually oblige with no problem, and the insurance company will often provide you with a pump. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • sweetmv675sweetmv675 member
    edited November 2013
    Blue Cross Blue Shield Covers it! I just called my insurance -BCBS and it is fully covered! All you have to do is call CVS 800-262-7890 they said I could order the Ameda Double Electric Kit plus it comes with150 days supply of bags...good luck ladies!!
  • WIC usually has pumps too. Call and see if you can get one there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"