December 2010 Moms
Options

Make Me Move! :-)

So DH and I have always live in the same general area (major city in the South), but love traveling and have always been itching to live somewhere else.  While we love the business of the big city, we still have lots of crime, bad schools, bad air quality, and poor public transportation with MAJOR traffic.  Most of our family lives near us, but with the exception of DH's parents, it won't be earth shattering for anyone if we moved away.  At this point, unless we move way out in the 'burbs (which would make us poke our eyeballs!), we'll have to send C to very expensive private school.  As DH put it, he's too smart to send him to school in the state with the worst schools in the nation. 

So in the next 2-3 years, we think we'd like to move.  It would be a great time for both DH and I professionally (energy sales and university admin), we'll be ready to sell our condo, and C will get settled before starting real school.  We're thinking Pacific NW or maybe mid-Atlantic or even Northeast.  We'd like the opposite of what we have now - great schools, lower crime, better air quality, good public transit options but would still love to be in at least a moderate-sized city.  So please help us pick where to live!  :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Make Me Move! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"