High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Baby is here!

Sorry for being so MIA this week ladies, but it's taken me several days to be with it enough to sit and type out the best news ever! 

We have been so blessed with the new addition of our sweet little Jenny girl! Jennifer Lorraine was born on Monday at 12:38pm, weighing 5 pounds exactly. She was born at 34 weeks, 2 days and was in the NICU for the first 24 hours, but then moved to the step-down unit and been doing great since!  The doctors and nurses all agree that this little lady is a fighter! She has been on room air since birth and is holding her body temperature very well!  She is only still on the warming bed, instead of a crib, due to the possibility she'll need to be treated for jaundice after today. We will know more about that after her blood work comes back this morning. So basically, she is simply in the NICU to learn to eat and grow! Such a huge answer to prayer! She is already showing a huge interest in breast feeding, we have just been waiting for my milk to come in.  We are so excited and blessed!      

My recovery has been rough, but I'm finally starting to get back on my feet. Due to the placenta previa, placenta accreta and vasa previa, for my safety and for Jenny's, along with my C-section I also had to have a hysterectomy.  I lost a good amount of blood and have received three units of blood and many rounds of IV fluids since the surgery. I feel that I'm finally starting to get back to my normal self. Depending on what my blood count is this morning, my doctor is hopeful that after 11 weeks here at the hospital, and a total of 20 weeks on bed rest, I should be able to go home tomorrow! So very excited!!!   Best of wishes to the rest of you momma's on bed rest!  Know that you are strong, you can do this, and the end result is the best feeling in the world!  When you hold that baby in your arms for the first time, all the pain and difficulties you have struggled with to get there will truly be gone!  Thanks for letting me share this time with you all!  God Bless!

Re: Baby is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"