Two Under 2

Kolcraft strollers- Contours Options vs. Contours Optima

Contours Options vs. Contours Optima

I have been eyeing these 2 strollers for a while and am undecided between the two.  Does anyone have experience with either of these?  Anyone know what the real differences are?  They seem the same as fare as function but there is a $60 price difference between the two, so what am I getting with the Optima that I am not getting with the Options?

https://www.amazon.com/Contours-Options-Tandem-Stroller-Crimson/dp/B008H3T65W/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=O0DWPUUA3SQG&coliid=I390Y6CGDOQIWU

https://www.amazon.com/Contours-Optima-Aluminum-Tandem-Stroller/dp/B004WI2XU6/ref=br_it_dp_o_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=O0DWPUUA3SQG&coliid=I1WKC3QRS86VSV
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyName Ticker

Re: Kolcraft strollers- Contours Options vs. Contours Optima

• I have the contours options in crimson red. I LOVE IT! The only thing missing is cup holders. I can tell by the pictures that the other stroller has them. Other than that they look the same. I really wish I had cup holders.... That is the only thing I hate about mine. Only adults get cup holders. If I was double stroller shopping again I would spend the extra $60 for cup holders without blinking an eye. I seriously love this stroller and I have used quite a few double strollers. I did a lot of babysitting when I was younger.

Have fun stroller shopping :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Breast feeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, stay at home mom. :-) ...and loving every minute.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Optima.  It weighs quite a bit less.  I can't remember exactly but I believe it's 10 lbs.  That was worth it for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I posted this same question a few months ago.

I got the Options LT. I think it's a little shorter and it is definitely lighter. The downside is no cup holders but I just bought universal ones. Also at the time i could only find the Optima in red and I wasn't a fan of that color. ( I got the LT in Gold)

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • hheyderh said:

I have the Optima.  It weighs quite a bit less.  I can't remember exactly but I believe it's 10 lbs.  That was worth it for me!

The old Options weighs a lot more than the newer Options LT

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

imageimage
  • where did you order your cupholders from and do they stay on well?
  • I have the Optima and find collapsing it to be a little bit of a PIA when you have to remove the seats, fold it up and put them back in. Funny enough, I bought it for the multiple arrangements you can do with the seats but my kiddos both like to face forward :)
  • Also should mention, the cup holders on the Optima tend to fall off if a kid forcibly puts a cup in them. But they are nice to have.
  • I have the options. My carseat (graco snugride) said it was compatible with the stroller, but it's at too much of an angle, so I basically can't use it until my younger DD is old enough to be in the stroller without it. I wish I would have just gotten a graco or something cheaper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I researched this a while ago and went with the Contours Options LT. It was the lightest of all of them and had a huge basket. I think it's a little shorter length wise too. Good Luck!

imageimage
  • Whoa apparently I had all ready posted here in the past! Sorry for posting the info twice!

imageimage
  • They also have a Contours Options Elite coming out later this month. On their website I think they have a comparison chart of the Options, Options LT, Optima, and Options Elite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"