August 2011 Moms
Options

Couple of toddler-related randoms

Otis is exerting his independence (as he has been for some time).  Any time I ask him to do something and he's struggling, I offer to help him.  His standard answer, "No!"  Followed by, "Self!"

Jay and I have started calling his overly independent alter ego Self.  

"Hey, Self!  Can you climb into your car seat?"
"Self, can you help me unload the dishwasher?"

He totally responds like it's his name.  

Also, I don't know how many of you have read through the Reasons My Son Is Crying blog, but they're pretty funny despite the fact they don't know how to use a car seat properly.  I've made DH read through it.

Sent DH a photo of O face-down throwing a tantrum this morning.  The caption was, "I wouldn't let him eat the raw bacon."  

This kid hates when I put stuff in the microwave, or tell him that it needs to be cooled off in the freezer for a bit.  He.is.so.impatient!! :)  
Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Couple of toddler-related randoms

• Options
    Oh yes, the independence. It's killing me, but it's also pretty cute. It usually goes something like 
    - Hey DD2, you want me to help you do XYZ?
    - No I do it
    - All righty
    - Mamaaaaaaaa... pacapab (pacapab = pas capable = not able to)
    - You cant me to do it?
    - Yes

And I love Reasons my Son is Crying

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Oh yes, the independence. It's killing me, but it's also pretty cute. It usually goes something like 

- Hey DD2, you want me to help you do XYZ?
    - No I do it
    - All righty
    - Mamaaaaaaaa... pacapab (pacapab = pas capable = not able to)
    - You cant me to do it?
    - Yes

And I love Reasons my Son is Crying

I am jealous you get cute butchering of words in two languages... :)

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yes! We totally have Mr.Independent in our home. Makes me hate to think what he will be like when he is a teenager :((
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I think 50% of our tantrums have been because DD wants to do something herself, but doesn't have the words yet to express it to me.  She just learned "me" this week, and suddenly everything is "me" and when we say "Monica do it" she says "yes." 

But then there are the other 50% of tantrums.....lol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I send my DH "Reasons Why My Son is Crying" type photos on a daily basis. Today was a great one- a picture of him laying on the dining room floor crying hysterically with a caption that said "I wouldn't let him stick his finger in the dog's butt." Yep. Toddlers sure are a blast.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Is it weird that I'm worried DS hasn't hit this stage yet?

Actually, I'm not worried. I just really want him to start figuring out how to put on his own clothes and shoes. My desire for him to get to this stage is totally selfish on my part.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Eh, Sophia would rather someone do it for her. She says "Help me" for everything.

Girl needs to grow some independence.
  • Options
    Oh yes G is Mr Independent.  His words "no, me do".  Like the rest 50% of the time it turns into an all out throw himself tantrum because he can't do whatever it is he is trying to do on his own and gets pissed off.  Somethings he will ask for help like stairs "hand" or help, please but I have no idea what he needs help with and then once again he gets pissed off because I don't do it right away or ask what it is he wants.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"