Third-Party Reproduction

Are you wondering how to get started with embryo adoption? Read this.

Since we get some traffic here on TPR from people inquiring about embryo adoption, I wanted to post an everything-you-wanted-to-know-and-more article about getting started with EA on my blog.  I'm passionate about getting the word out on this fairly unknown topic, so please feel free to share if you know of anyone who might benefit. This would be useful for a couple who might not even know EA is an option to them (I didn't at first and it was like Christmas morning when I learned of it!) And it may be especially useful for donors with remaining embryos to donate to someone else, but may not know this is an option for them either. Most of the time, clinics only present donate-to-science or destroy as the only two options. There is a third option available to them, and it's critical people are made aware. 

And as always, contact me if you have any questions. I love talking about EA and helping others with it.

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 

Re: Are you wondering how to get started with embryo adoption? Read this.

• Liz, I have been reading your blog over the past week (since I posted on embryo donation/adoption )! I am so overwhelming touched by your journey and wish you and your husband the very best of luck in September! I haven't made my final decision on embryo donation as of yet, but your story is definitely opening my eyes and heart to it! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • babyedgar said:
    Liz, I have been reading your blog over the past week (since I posted on embryo donation/adoption )! I am so overwhelming touched by your journey and wish you and your husband the very best of luck in September! I haven't made my final decision on embryo donation as of yet, but your story is definitely opening my eyes and heart to it! Thank you for sharing your story!
    This just makes my day! What a sweet thing to say. :) Whatever your decision is, I wish you the very best. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about it!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"