Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Baylor Grapevine - no designated nursery open in recovery?

I delivered last Sunday and in the evening, my husband had to leave to care for our three year old at home overnight.  I asked to send my baby to the nursery for a few hours so I could recover/sleep from delivering my 9 lb, 12 oz baby vaginally.  I was told that there was no nursery open due to staffing/demand levels?  And that my only option was to send my baby to sit at the front nurse's station with the charge nurse.  This just seems unacceptable to me and I didn't know if anyone else had encountered the same experience.

I called to express my concern and all I got was a bunch of excuses and push-back from the nursing manager.  In general, the facilities and the staff are super nice, but I cannot justify recommending delivering here anymore based on my experience.

Re: Baylor Grapevine - no designated nursery open in recovery?

• Options
    I delivered my first last July & when I asked them to take the baby for a few hours to recover, they did it w/out hesitation (Every night I was there). :-/ That's totally unacceptable for them to offer a Charge Nurse to stay w/ baby! I'd be PO too!!!! It's

Sorry you had to experience that hun! I'm thinking of switching hospitals as well this go around & that's because my doc is not being as supportive as she was for my first baby!

Take Care & Congrats on the new bundle!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"