C-sections

Point of no return?

Hi ladies! I'm new here. I'm a ftm and I found out last week that my son is complete breech and I'm at 38 weeks. After two unsuccessful version attempts its unlikely (though I'm doing my spinning babies exercises) that baby will turn. My c-section is scheduled for 3 days after my due date in the hopes that I will go into labour before then so that my lo can benefit from labour hormones and contractions (apparently the latter are good for lo's lungs?).
I'm just wondering if there's a point of no return, where labouring on my own progresses the baby so far that a csection is no longer possible? i live far from the hospital and I obviously want to provide the safest possible birth for my lo; I plan on leaving the house as soon as my contractions are timed to continue labouring at my moms place (closer to said hospital) but this thought just hit me that maybe I should go directly to the hospital given the csection.

Re: Point of no return?

• NKaeding said:
    You'll be fine. Ask your OB on his rule. Mine still used 5-1-1 for a section. I had a scheduled c-section, but went into labor early. I went into labor at 4:30, got to the hospital at 8pm and LO was born at 1:30am. ( The OB wanted to finish a few deliveries before my section.) They do sections for women who are 10cms and have been pushing for hours.
    Yep, this was me. I was in labor 17 hours - dilated to 10 cm - pushed for two hours - they realized he wasn't going to fit through my pelvis and so we were sent for the c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Short of a foot coming out of your vagina I think you should be fine. Like pp said, women have c/s after long labors and full dilations all the time. 

Pinky 12/07 : Sparky 02/12 : Rocky 08/13 

• Loading the player...
  • my water broke, so we went right in to the hospital (took us about 30 minutes to get things in the car and about 30 to get to the hospital). 

since i had just eaten, i labored at the hospital for about 6 hours until they could do the c/s. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • We didn't wait because I was worried about the same thing. We live 30 minutes from a hospital and my daughter was frank breech. I was 40 weeks and could feel her little feet kicking my cervix. I was so worried that if I went into labor that I would start delivering before making it to the hospital. If you aren't comfortable with it then just call your doc and let them know you want to move forward. My daughter was just fine.
  • kmvwkmvw member

NKaeding said:

You'll be fine. Ask your OB on his rule. Mine still used 5-1-1 for a section.

I had a scheduled c-section, but went into labor early. I went into labor at 4:30, got to the hospital at 8pm and LO was born at 1:30am. ( The OB wanted to finish a few deliveries before my section.)

They do sections for women who are 10cms and have been pushing for hours.

Yep, this was me. I was in labor 17 hours - dilated to 10 cm - pushed for two hours - they realized he wasn't going to fit through my pelvis and so we were sent for the c-section.

Same for me, was in labor for 13 hours, pushed for 3, they realized she was stuck and not coming out on her own, ended up with emergency c section.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"