Pregnant after 35
Options

Intro

Hi everyone! Just introducing myself to this group. I just turned 41, my husband is 44. This is my first pregnancy. We are still in a little bit of a state of disbelief, but definitely excited! I'm trying not to get too nervous despite my AMA! I had my first ultrasound yesterday where everything looked good. Going in for an NT in a few weeks and based on that will decide what testing to do next. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the test options right now.

It is funny my husband and I are both very healthy and active and I have never felt "old" until these last few weeks when I keep getting reminded of my age! I guess we waited a bit longer than many couples do to start a family, but this is what worked and felt right to us. The one thing I think about a lot is that this child will likely be an only child and I won't have many friends to share the experience with as they either don't have or want kids, or they already had their kids several years ago. I am going to tell my parents about the pregnancy this week. They will be out of their minds with excitement. My older brother has no children and this will be their first grandchild!

Very happy to have found this board and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here. Good health, congratulations and best wishes to all!
imageimagePregnancy Ticker

Re: Intro

• Options
    So excited for you and all of your family!!
    Congrats and welcome!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    Welcome! 

Most of my friends are similarly spread out, but I've actually found everyone is exceptionally excited. Maybe it's because we are outliers? No one is pregnant or planning to be so we seem like a novelty? I don't know, but regardless, your friends might surprise you! And you'll undoubtedly be meeting other parents in the same position soon enough (if the tales my friends tell are true!).

We'll be having the 3rd grandchild on one side and the 7th on the other. I was around for all of their births and let me tell you: while they're all equally loved and celebrated, the first is the most exciting! :) Congratulations!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the group!!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!  I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone!
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the board! It's definitely a scary feeling thinking you might not have anyone to relate to as you embark on your first adventure into parenting, but I'm betting down the road we will find ourselves making some connections. AMA is not so rare as people think. :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"