38 Weeks Pregnant

Where to Deliver

I am 38 wks and had to move out of state just last week. This was sudden and unplanned, but for the better. The  problem is I have to apply for medicaid here as it does not transfer and I can't seem to find an Ob/Gyn. 5 places have told me they will not accept a prenatal patient so late in the pregnancy, others won't take me without insurance, and 2 that will not do VBAC!!  I finally find one that will see me and my records disappear the day they are faxed. As it stands I will not be able to have another appointment before going into labor. I am 100% healthy and the baby is as well. I did have an appointment the day before I moved too. Considering all things, I am not overly worried if I don't see an Ob/Gyn. My main concern is where to go for delivery. Can I just chose a hospital and go there when labor starts? No offices have been helpful in giving me guidance as I am not a patient and this all very frustrating. I want to get paperwork completed ahead of time and familiarize my self with hospitals maternity floor and be prepared. Do I just call hospitals and ask at this point? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks mamas

Re: Where to Deliver

• I would say once you automatically get accepted by medicaid (which tech does take a while to get cards in mail) then you should just go to nearest hospital.  I may even start there by calling/going up there if you are not miserable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"