February 2012 Moms

WDPT?

So we play outside a lot..mostly in our back yard.
I've over heard our neighbors talking about us. Saying the boy needs shoes. We let him roam the front yard,and often walk the side walk within close range of home with out shoes. I don't even wear shoes in our yard, and it kind of ticks me off to be honest.
Are we just weird because we don't wear shoes at home in the yard or on the sidewalk two houses away?? We put shoes on when we go out. It just pisses me off...... we're at home.....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WDPT?

• People who have that much time to look at other peoples feet in their own back yards could be doing better things. Forget 'em. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If the concrete isn't burning hot, we go barefoot. I prefer being barefoot and DD doesn't care either way. Your neighbor has too much time on their hands. If you were walking around a store barefoot, I would side-eye you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • People need to mind their own business. As long as your yard is clean, and you look out where your kid is walking for glass or whatever, there's nothing wrong with them being barefoot at/around home. DD won't leave her shoes on half the time when we play out in the yard, and I'm not going to sit there and put them back on every two seconds... It's summer, my yard is clean, people can judge all they want... they just have too much time on their hands.
  • I think it's good and normal for kids to be barefoot sometimes.  Your neighbors sound like weirdos.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Neither Ramona nor I wear shoes in the summer unless we go into a store where it's required. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • I love shoes...when it is cold, dirty or required.  Otherwise, shoes are unnecessary.

Maybe you should loudly say how much you hate when people talk about your parenting decisions without knowing a thing about you.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"