Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Forgot how to roll?

So DS is a pro at rolling from his back to his tummy now.....however once he gets there he is ok for a short time then cries and burys his face in the carpet/floor/bed until I come roll him back over. Then I walk away and he does it again and again. He is happy sitting up. How is it that he forgot how to roll from his tummy to his back? This is especially a pain at 1am when he does this. He will be 7 months in a couple days and is somewhat of a big boy (19# and 27 inches). Thanks ladies.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014

Re: Forgot how to roll?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has been doing this for a few weeks now. He goes from sitting up to his belly and then gets so mad. I'm not sure if it's that he forgot how to roll, or that he wants to get back up into a seated position and doesn't know how to. He can definitely still roll over, and I try to help him get started, but he has zero interest in ending up on his back. I figure he just needs lots more practice and hopefully he'll start figuring out how to get back to his sitting up position. Hope he learns quickly!
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

• Options
    DD went through something similar before she starting army crawling.  Could it maybe be that he's trying to move instead of roll?  Maybe your DS is figuring out how to crawl and is getting frustrated.  It's possible rolling isn't the goal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :)
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • Options
    My baby does this too sometimes, but like above I think she is trying to crawl and can't, so she gets frustrated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog
  • Options
    DD did that a couple months ago! He'll figure it out. 
  • Options
    DD did that for a week or so when she first mastered rolling from back to belly...luckily she quickly re-learned rolling to her back (at that time, she HATED being on her belly and would pitch a fit after about 1 min of being on her belly).

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"