Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

how much does your 8 mo old baby eat?

I know every baby is different, but I am just seeing some changes in my babies and the way they eat.  I'm wondering what others eat as far as solids and milk.  Mine are on formula and eat purees.  They drink 20-28 oz formula and about 4-5 oz baby food twice a day. 
thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker < br > image

Re: how much does your 8 mo old baby eat?

• Options
    At 8 mo she was at about 24oz of formula and 3oz purees 2-3x/day. In the last week or so we moved away from purees to table food. She seems really happy to feed herself and stops in her own if hungry. Formula intake is still 24oz
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Daisy622 said:
    At 8 mo she was at about 24oz of formula and 3oz purees 2-3x/day. In the last week or so we moved away from purees to table food. She seems really happy to feed herself and stops in her own if hungry. Formula intake is still 24oz
    Thanks Daisy! I was wondering about table food.  I have tried giving them little bits of stuff but they don't seem to get it yet. I end up feeding it to them anyways. I'm a first time mom so I sometimes think I don't know what or when to give them table foods.  Do you just give yours whatever you are eating?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker < br > image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Toni828 said:

Daisy622 said:
    Thanks Daisy! I was wondering about table food.  I have tried giving them little bits of stuff but they don't seem to get it yet. I end up feeding it to them anyways. I'm a first time mom so I sometimes think I don't know what or when to give them table foods.  Do you just give yours whatever you are eating?
    I'm with both of you.  Primarily purees and a bit of table food here and there.  Was doing table food fine at home, but apparently just throws it on the floor at daycare, so we still send mostly purees there.  I figure within time LO will figure out the table food thing and start to eat more of that and shun the purees when he's ready.  Now if he could only figure out the sippy cup thing....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    26-30 oz. of formula, 3 oz. purees 2 x's a day along with some table food for lunch and sometimes a few bites after puree dinner. DS LOVES to eat!
    photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When I'm at home, DD nurses around 8 times per day.  When I'm at work, she does 16-20oz of breast milk, and nurses another 2-3 times at home.

We've been doing table food since 6 months.  She always gets something at dinner (usually what we are eating, unless we have a frozen pizza night or something... then I just give her some fruit and whole grain crackers, or something of that nature).  We just started doing a handful of cheerios and some fruit right after her first nursing session or bottle in the morning.  Occasionally she gets something at lunch time if she is acting like she wants it.  We aren't very scheduled as far as solids go.  Some days she is offered 3 meals, sometimes we don't even have time for one.  
  • Options
    DS gets about 24-30 oz of formula and LOVES his solid food. Depending on the day he may get 3 jars of purees, other days it's one. He is really big into the mum mums, Happy Bellies puffs, peas, basically any thing I offer him. We're dealing with numerous food allergies so I'm apprehensive about offering table food but he definitely shows more interest in self feeding than the purees these days.
    imageimage
  • Options
    DD gets 24-30 ounces of formula and eats 2 meals a day, usually around 3 ounces of baby foods (maybe less if she doesn't like what I give her).  She can only handle mummums or puffs for solids right now - everything else she has tried makes her gag!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LSU628 said:
    DS gets about 24-30 oz of formula and LOVES his solid food. Depending on the day he may get 3 jars of purees, other days it's one. He is really big into the mum mums, Happy Bellies puffs, peas, basically any thing I offer him. We're dealing with numerous food allergies so I'm apprehensive about offering table food but he definitely shows more interest in self feeding than the purees these days.
    This makes me feel better.  I started to read everyone's replies and was thinking wow I think our daughter eats too much.  She has about 26-30 ounces of formula and 3 puree meals a day.  I make our own and give her two ice cubes of food at each serving which I think is pretty similar to one jar.  She's a big girl (20 pounds at 8 months) but I don't want to overfeed her and cause her to have weight issues when she's older!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is having about 15-20oz of BM a day and eats 6oz of food each meal. She still a peanut. Just hit 15lbs this week and she'll b 8mo tomorrow
  • Options
    24-30oz of formula and 4oz of solids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Shelly038 said:
    LSU628 said:
    This makes me feel better.  I started to read everyone's replies and was thinking wow I think our daughter eats too much.  She has about 26-30 ounces of formula and 3 puree meals a day.  I make our own and give her two ice cubes of food at each serving which I think is pretty similar to one jar.  She's a big girl (20 pounds at 8 months) but I don't want to overfeed her and cause her to have weight issues when she's older!
    I dont think your LO is going to over eat, or over feeding her now will cause issues down the road. My DD was an amazing and adventurous eater and was a total chunk as a baby, but now at 4 yrs old only weighs 28lbs. If your baby is hungry, feed them!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"