Baby Names
Options

Italian girl names that don't end in -a sound??

We would like to incorporate my Italian heritage and honor a dear late grandmother when naming baby girl.  
So baby girl's name would be __?__ Gloria Keen.  
The first names we like best are Lucia, Camilla, and Juliana, but they don't flow well with Gloria.  The problem is, it seems like 99% of Italian girl names end with the -a sound, which is beautiful, but sounds like overkill with Gloria as a middle name.  
Any suggestions for Italian girl names that don't end in the -a sound?  
:)  Thanks!

Re: Italian girl names that don't end in -a sound??

• Options
    The only one I can think of off the top if my head is Rosario. There are a few cross-cultural names used in Italian that don't end in A, like Adele and Bernice. You can find more here: https://www.behindthename.com/names/browse.php?type_gender=1&operator_gender=&value_gender[]=feminine&type_usage=1&operator_usage=&value_usage[]=italian
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Gloria is also considered an Italian name, just not sure if I love it as a first name.  
    Throwing around the idea of Gloria Anne Keen (Anne is another family name), with a nickname for Gloria like Ria or something else that it can be shortened to?  
    I don't know...
    Help!
    :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I actually think Gloria sounds fine in the MN spot with any of your prefered first names.  The flow isn't perfect-- but that's not a huge deal, IMO.

Love Gloria NN Glory

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I can't think of anything, but another vote for the flow sounds fine to me! I think Gloria is beautiful.
  • Options
    I think Gloria is a great fn!  I don't mind the flow with is as a mn either.
    Noemi, Capri are the only two I can think of.
  • Options
    I think all of those names sound fine with Gloria. I absolutely loooove Lucia.
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Gloria Anne Keen sounds beautiful.
  • Options

.The only Italian girls names I can think of with that criteria are:

Brandi, Caprice, Cristine, Dani, and Nicci.... I think Cristine sounds nice with Gloria though I like Gloria Anne Keen, it flows very nicely.

As for those that do end in A, I think Francesca Gloria or Siena/Sienna Gloria.

DD - Lucia Alessandra 6/18/12  ~~~  Welcoming Baby Boy!! - 3/26/14

• Options
    Therese (pronounced Ter-race), Cecile, Camille, Juliet (Romeo and Juliet were Italians) Antoinette. It's definitely hard.
  • Options
    I think it's fine as long as its not an -ia ending. I like Therese suggestion. How about Angela/Angelina (nn Angie or Lina) or Marie. Also Cecily is my new GP name so I'd definitely do that :)
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    Beatrice, pronounced the Italian way: be-a-TREE-che :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"