Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Weird poop habit?

All day today, DD has been letting out these little sharts, just a teensy bit of poop at a time, with one slightly bigger one this evening. I've gone through about twice as many diapers today because there's constantly a little poop nugget in her diaper.

I can't really tell if its hard, it seems like the consistency of regular grown up poop now that she's started on more solids. But does anyone else's kid poop like this, just a tiny bit at a time, or is this not normal baby behavior? This is the second time this has happened.

Re: Weird poop habit?

• Options
    My DD did that right after we started solids, all of a sudden it was like she was a newborn again with a little poop in every diaper!  I'm not sure why it happened, but it didn't last long.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    I would definitely keep an eye on it though.  My DD did this shortly after starting solids and I didn't really think it was a big deal but she ended up being constipated.  The little nuggets didn't seem so hard at the time but after a day or two of doing that she was really straining and that's all that was coming out.  It ended up being very painful for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure if you're getting her used to a potty chair/toilet seat adapter yet, but every time our little one has a poop fart, it's a sure sign she's ready to go and sitting her on her potty chair makes it light years easier for her than forcing semi-solid poop into a diaper. She's just turned 8 months and we've been sitting her on a potty since 4 months for as many pees and poos as possible; it's always the surest way for her to have an easy bowel movement now that her stools are more of a toothpaste consistency. It also has saved on diapers (both cloth and disposable) and she never gets any stool in between her labia when she's gone on the potty, which is a huge plus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure if you're getting her used to a potty chair/toilet seat adapter yet, but every time our little one has a poop fart, it's a sure sign she's ready to go and sitting her on her potty chair makes it light years easier for her than forcing semi-solid poop into a diaper. She's just turned 8 months and we've been sitting her on a potty since 4 months for as many pees and poos as possible; it's always the surest way for her to have an easy bowel movement now that her stools are more of a toothpaste consistency. It also has saved on diapers (both cloth and disposable) and she never gets any stool in between her labia when she's gone on the potty, which is a huge plus.

That's really cool, I never thought of that, but I have heard of some cultures who start potty training super young like that. I always wondered how that worked. Maybe we'll give that a shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"